Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No reverse Please help
ddog87
post Jul 13 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,421

I just bought a 1976 914 that had been hit it the right rear bad enough that it had a small buckle in the left side of the trunk floor and pulled the right rear trans mount out. The car has no reverse, when shifting into 1st it grinds a little unless I go slow with it, same with fifth (Only have driven the car around the block ) I have done all of the pulling of the rails a have everthing back in alignment and it still does the same thing. The shift rod appeared to be bent a little more than what looked to be normal. So I straightend it a little with still no luck, is there any adjustment I could try on this thing or any other suggestions?? Sorry for the long post, I'm just new to the porsche thing ( not new to air cooled though) Any pics of the shift rods to if this is still bent??? Any help would be appreciated. THANKS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:05 PM