Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Out of Africa..., Picked up one too many souvenirs....
Mugs914
post Jul 14 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #1

"Hey, yellow IS faster!"

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,452
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey there guys!

As some may remember, I went to Uganda about two months ago now. The trip was awsome, thanks again to those who donated. The soccer balls were a MASSIVE hit with the kids! If you heard the screams you'd have thought we had given them a bag of gold!

The only down side was that I managed to pick up MALARIA!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) All the shots, all the pills, 'skeeter repellant and everything and the little bugger still managed to get me. It didn't hit until a week or so after I got back and turned out to be a pretty bad case, actually. I ended up spending a week in hospital, but the good docs got it all wiped out and I've been home for about a week now and getting better every day.

I've got some pics and stuff of the trip, if anyone is interested.

More later, just wanted to let everyone know I hadn't dissappeared!

Now, time to get to work on the turbo... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mugs914   Out of Africa...   Jul 14 2006, 11:33 AM
Bleyseng   Gla d you are better! I have a fear of catchin...   Jul 14 2006, 11:36 AM
Aaron Cox   scary. glad you are ok. good work mike!   Jul 14 2006, 11:38 AM
HeloMech   malria pills.... those are the best. Nothing like ...   Jul 14 2006, 02:52 PM
bmunday   Glad your ok,welcome You know it's comin......   Jul 14 2006, 02:59 PM
TimT   had malaria once, wasnt to fun :barf: and I had ...   Jul 14 2006, 03:09 PM
msglaigaie   Hard stuff mate. I got it in Rhodesia in '78. ...   Jul 14 2006, 03:34 PM
Brett W   I understsand the alure of foreign lands and wanti...   Jul 14 2006, 03:52 PM
gregrobbins  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:54 AM