Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vintage Race at Road America, Anyone going?
Bill Shaw
post Jul 14 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,013

This weekend there's a vintage race at Elkhart Lake, WI. From the entry list of about 350 cars it looks like about 6 914s (probably all sixes), a 910, a 908 and the usual gaggle of taildraggers. We'll be up there for the weekend and will be doing the "touring" on Sunday (where No. 2 son [Miata] will be trying to pass ol' Dad ['74 2.0] (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif) ) Look us up at corner 5.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bjorn jacobson
post Jul 14 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,772

Hi Bill,

Won't be able to do it this year, went last year and had a blast. I'll probably hit the Vintage Festival in Sept.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Bjorn
+Quote Post
vintage914racer
post Jul 18 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,473

I was there racing in a 71 914-6 roadster. Lost 4th gear in qualifying on Saturday afternoon so did not take part in the race itself. There were a couple crazy fast "2.0 liter" 914-6s out there
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Jul 19 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I was there for Saturday's qualifying, and the 914 was very well represented by some beautifully turned out cars. Unfortunately the temps were so high, it was had to get around to see everything.

Patrick Motorsports had their 914-6 there, and it was also entered in the Friday night Concours - beautifull car. All the other 914-6s also seemed to be very nicely turned out and seemed to run well on the track. Unfortunately my camera was acting up, so no photos, only memories.

Road America is a 4 mile track through the rolling Wisconsin hills with long straights, so the Can Am cars and Corvettes seemed to be having fun, and seeing a bunch of old F1 cars in the same place is outstanding.

I was able to get Brian Redmann's autograph as well as Oscar Koveleski's ( the president and founder of the PRDA - Polish Race Driver's of America), so the weekend was a blast. Time to start making plans for next year.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:31 PM