Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Race at Road America
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Shaw
This weekend there's a vintage race at Elkhart Lake, WI. From the entry list of about 350 cars it looks like about 6 914s (probably all sixes), a 910, a 908 and the usual gaggle of taildraggers. We'll be up there for the weekend and will be doing the "touring" on Sunday (where No. 2 son [Miata] will be trying to pass ol' Dad ['74 2.0] chairfall.gif chairfall.gif ) Look us up at corner 5.
bjorn jacobson
Hi Bill,

Won't be able to do it this year, went last year and had a blast. I'll probably hit the Vintage Festival in Sept.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Bjorn
vintage914racer
I was there racing in a 71 914-6 roadster. Lost 4th gear in qualifying on Saturday afternoon so did not take part in the race itself. There were a couple crazy fast "2.0 liter" 914-6s out there
GeorgeRud
I was there for Saturday's qualifying, and the 914 was very well represented by some beautifully turned out cars. Unfortunately the temps were so high, it was had to get around to see everything.

Patrick Motorsports had their 914-6 there, and it was also entered in the Friday night Concours - beautifull car. All the other 914-6s also seemed to be very nicely turned out and seemed to run well on the track. Unfortunately my camera was acting up, so no photos, only memories.

Road America is a 4 mile track through the rolling Wisconsin hills with long straights, so the Can Am cars and Corvettes seemed to be having fun, and seeing a bunch of old F1 cars in the same place is outstanding.

I was able to get Brian Redmann's autograph as well as Oscar Koveleski's ( the president and founder of the PRDA - Polish Race Driver's of America), so the weekend was a blast. Time to start making plans for next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.