Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hello from yet another newbie to the site, I have a fuel pump question
Dads914
post Jul 14 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Greg

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,277

Let me start off by saying hello to you all!!! You guys are definitely a wealth of info for us laymen. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
This is my second post and I figure I should introduce myself. My name is Greg and I live in the San Fernando Valley here in CA. I own a 74 2.0 with only a few suspension mods and a completely stock motor. it was my dads car and he had it from the time it was just a baby. I also learned how to drive stick in this car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) , so its been in the family for over 30 years. the car was his daily driver at times, as well as mine, now its my fun car.
I just got finished rebuilding the motor and moving the fuel pump to the front of the car. Recently it started having some surging of power around 3000 RPM's and last week i was stopped at a traffic light and it just died on me (very unusual for this car), felt like it ran out of gas, but I had a half a tank, when i tried to start it, it sounded like it was out of fuel, after cranking for about 30 seconds or so it started and was fine. I drove it for another week or so off and on. Then last night after doing a little spirited driving in the canyons, I was driving down the freeway cruising around the same 3000 RPM's and it felt like it was running out of gas again. I think my fuel pump is going bad (I believe its original and if not its over 20 years old with a lot of miles on it) My real question is: can I use a fuel pump out of a 75-76 914 after moving it up to the front of the car or do I need to use the 74 pump? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Sorry about the long story...Greg

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dads914   Hello from yet another newbie to the site   Jul 14 2006, 02:24 PM
Travis Neff   Great looking car and :wttc:   Jul 14 2006, 02:31 PM
SLITS   :wttc: Yes, you can use the later model. You ju...   Jul 14 2006, 02:32 PM
Aaron Cox   hey there! we have socal gatherings all the ti...   Jul 14 2006, 02:33 PM
Dads914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:19 AM