Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More starting problems
John G
post Jul 18 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,988

Well, the newbie has another problem.

My wife's 914 ('73, converted to chevy V6) is still having starting problems. I thought I corrected all, but alas, the car is still having problems.

Started fine and totally reliably yesterday, but today, nothing.

I have already replaced the starter (rebuilt high torque), I have replaced the battery with a very nice Optima, and I have replaced the ignition switch.

Present symptoms: While cold... First turn of the key, I have electrical power to hazards, etc. There's a click click click click click at the starter, but the engine is not turning over.

After that, all electrical goes dead. No clicks, no hazzards, etc.

Come back a bit later, and you'll get power for the first turn again, then nothing.

I tried a jump start on the theory that my new battery might be drained. No dice.

There is an electrical gremlin in this car, and I can't seem to figure this one out. Any ideas?

My wife is afraid to drive this car now for fear that it will leave her stranded with all the starting problems. Please help me resurrect my wife's faith in her new teener!

Thanks,

John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
John G   More starting problems   Jul 18 2006, 03:28 PM
Rand   Even though it's a new Optima, I would try swa...   Jul 18 2006, 03:34 PM
John G  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:59 AM