Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: European Cell Phone Service, Looking for coverage in London, Paris and Amsterdam
Part Pricer
post Jul 19 2006, 05:54 AM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

I know this is off topic. But, I'm sure that this group has some knowledge & experience in this area, so I'm looking for some advice. I've googled this subject and I'm more confused than ever. So, I decided to ask the experts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm heading over to Europe in the fall and I'm going to need local cell phone coverage. This will only be for calls being received and placed to phones in the countries where I will be visiting. I will not need to receive or place calls to the U.S. from this phone.

I will be spending some time in London, Paris and Amsterdam (and surrounding areas) and would like to have coverage in all places using the same phone number. I'm thinking that it may be best to just purchase a SIM card that will provide me a number and roaming to all three countries. Which brings me to two questions.

First, I have a Nokia 6230 phone which is unlocked. This would allow me to put any SIM into the phone. The phone is GSM 850/1800/1900 MHz. Will this work? Or, do I have to go with a phone that operates at 900 MHz as well?

Second, who should I purchase a SIM and coverage from? There are so many places that come up when searching for coverage that it's making my head spin.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Part Pricer   OT: European Cell Phone Service   Jul 19 2006, 05:54 AM
Bleyseng   I have always used/bought a phone over there and b...   Jul 19 2006, 08:11 AM
Randal  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:05 PM