Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fun with CIS #?, The saga continues...
Dr Evil
post Jul 21 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So, I finally have time to work on my car (customer and school stuff all done now) so I decided to take another shot at my fuel problems. I ordered a long 3mm allen wrench to adjust the mixture, but I could not get the adjuster to move. The hole seemed bigger which later turned out to be because it is coned to help facilitate the entry of the allen end into its mark.

So, what did I do? I removed the whole dang assembly that houses the air plate and proceeded to remove the adjuster arm.

Now time for some back ground:

When I got the engine with the CIS there was a little red hose, from a can of WD40 can or something similar, sticking out of the air intake sleeve. In this set up the engine should have run leaner as this lets more air in AFTER the fuel regulation circuit.

Currently:

So I removed the adjustment screw arm and what I was suspecting to find, I did. The adjust screw was adjusted all the way rich. It was also caked with dirt so much that it couldnt be adjusted (probably why they put the extra air bypass in). I cleaned it, installed it, adjusted and tried to start it. Adjusted. Adjusted and now the throttle response and starting are much easier.

Now it feels like the timing is off. That will be the next episode. I am pretty happy to have gotten this part of the problem sorted. Thanks to everyone who gave me insite into the adjusting of the CIS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:56 PM