Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ready to install these gauges, No drilling holes through the firewall *this time*
RoadGlue
post Jul 22 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108
Region Association: Northern California

I have an oil pressure, oil temp and CHT gauge to install and I'm not going to make a rat's next of wires in the process. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Is it possible to sneak all three sets of wires into the cabin alongside an existing loom?

Also, which cylinder's spark plug should I attach the CHT sensor ring to? Is number 3 the hotter one? It has been too long since I’ve wrenched consistently on these cars and I hate it when I forgot the trivial bits.

And what's considered "normal" oil pressure. 1 bar is about 14 psi. I hope to see around 40 - 60 PSI when at speed, right?

How about regular CHT temps? When should I worry?

Thank you!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RoadGlue   Ready to install these gauges   Jul 22 2006, 11:07 AM
McMark   Yes, yes yes. :D You can fit wires next the the ...   Jul 22 2006, 11:11 AM
RoadGlue  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:52 AM