Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm too poor to be in this club!, You RICH SOB's have some SA-WEET teeners!
JPB
post Jul 23 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #21

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,107

The high dollar 911 guys hate getting beat by a hammered 4cyl 914. A lot.
[/quote]
Nice hammered looking beast! Avatar? If you didn't have to push them out of the way, it woulden't be as such. LOL

911? :rotfl:Sorry 911's make good donor cars!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sww914
post Jul 23 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146
Region Association: None

There's some bigger pictures in the track cars thread in the paddock. It's easy to see the hammered parts there.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Jul 23 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #23

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

pics are decieving, I'd say about 1% of us are actually "rich"... the rest of us are just car guys who spend what we can, when we can how we can afford to... we do the labor ourself and get friends to help... that's part of what makes these cars so great, anyone can have one and enjoy it...

case in point: in this pic my car looks good... (this is when I picked the car up...

Attached Image

same day:

Attached Image

that was 3 years ago, the car is still not 100% complete... partially because I can't get my mechanic/welder/builder(me) to stop doing other stuff...
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jul 23 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #24

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

Have you seen my teener?
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/914-73index.htm

It's not much better looking since I took those pictures. In the WCC picture thread you can see pictures of her. Cheap-ass Macco Yellow paint with grey primer. Last winter I was driving around in the city on sunny days with the front hood removed -- that generated some looks!. But she made the +200mile mountain cruise just fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Drive 'em if ya got 'em!
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 23 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #25

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Attached Image

Red car and with those Westerns, hey thats my car!LOL

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Looks good bro and yes never done.

I got a scheduled paintjob August 28TH,,YES!! Waited far to long.
+Quote Post
Chogokin
post Jul 23 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 5,878

I guess I just love this little thing so much that I have a need to hurry up and get it back to beautiful! I think she deserves it, she has lasted since Nov '69 and is holding up well. I didn't know what I had with my first one, this one is gonna go all the way! I guess she has come a long way in the year I have had her, considering her 4 month storage...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jul 23 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #27

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 23 2006, 11:25 AM) *

I guess I just love this little thing so much that I have a need to hurry up and get it back to beautiful! I think she deserves it, she has lasted since Nov '69 and is holding up well. I didn't know what I had with my first one, this one is gonna go all the way! I guess she has come a long way in the year I have had her, considering her 4 month storage...

Attached Image

Top right picture:
It looks like Doctor Octavious shrunk himself and is attacking your engine compartment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Chogokin
post Jul 23 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #28

Damn! your right! Maybe THATS why it runs like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
orange914
post Jul 23 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #29

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

ya know full coverage on an older 914 really isnt much more. let me tell you i'm glad we put it on my sons car when a drunk ran a stop and tagged it. it was 0 percent my wifes fault. with insurance coverage check, a cheap parts car and our labor on disasembly/assembly we ended up with a real clean 914. everyones happy and onother 914 lives!
good luck, youll love the car
+Quote Post
Chogokin
post Jul 24 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #30

Heh heh, funny you should mention that, I lowered the deductable on my comp to 0 a couple months ago, and on wednesday I'm getting my new windshield installed free of charge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jul 24 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 23 2006, 09:30 AM) *

pics are decieving, I'd say about 1% of us are actually "rich"... the rest of us are just car guys who spend what we can, when we can how we can afford to... we do the labor ourself and get friends to help... that's part of what makes these cars so great, anyone can have one and enjoy it...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Couldn't agree more. My car also looks nice (up to a certain level of criticism, after which it falls apart!) but is simply the product of a mis-spent youth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) a lot of swap meets, and a lot of late nights working in high school and college. I've done very little to it in the years since then. So it can be done on the cheap with creativity, help from friends, and time, time, and more time.

Just keep whittling away at your car and push past those moments where there are WAY too many parts on the garage floor and it seems like the thing will NEVER hit the road again... you'll get it there -- and then some.

And that might be the best part of owning/building/modifying/driving a 914 -- it flies in the face of current culture by FORCING most of us into a delayed gratification kind of automotive experience. Especially if it's that last point (driving) and you're rolling deep with a tired four-cylinder (like me)... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

pete
+Quote Post
plymouth37
post Jul 25 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 4,138
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yep, I pulled mine out of a cow pasture where it had been sitting since 1982. Drove it "pasture fresh" for years, you gotta start somewhere! Even the worst 914 on the road is better than a car that was given up on and left for dead. enjoy your car as is and remember that over the years it will suck every penny out of your pocket and probably bankrupt you, but thats ok, its gonna be fuchin' sweet someday!
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Jul 25 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #33

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 23 2006, 10:13 AM) *

ya know.. come to think of it I wasn't poor until I got my teener (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) of course it WAS a wedding present!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Ah, I think we've found the source of your problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:18 AM