Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How fast is a 2.0, 0-60 and quarter mile
Ferg
post Oct 16 2003, 10:15 AM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Yep, I would say about 11 seconds to 60 for most peoples stock 2.0 without droppin the clutch. I draged my wife to 60 her in our pontiac montana, me in my 2.0 74. She smoked my ass. about a van and a half lenght. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) She even smoked the tires (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I launched a little easily, but it was very humbling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . I would say 7 to seven and a half is a good guess for my six, which is a 2.7 that "should" be in the 175 to 180hp range. Again easy launch, car magazines drop the clutch at about 5k not something most of us who work on our cars are willing to do. I was able to keep up with a non "S" 2.5 boxster on a rolling start and I think those do the 0-60 dash in about 7 flat. Ferg.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redshift
post Oct 16 2003, 10:28 AM
Post #22

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

I am running a little over 100hp, with an H second.

I say around 9 seconds for me, unless I want to slip the clutch wildly, and then maybe you could shave off another .5 or so.

Tops out @ near 140, that last 20mph takes as long as the first 120.

It's slow to be fast, but once you get there...

M
+Quote Post
Charles Deutsch
post Oct 16 2003, 10:39 AM
Post #23

Unregistered

QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 16 2003, 09:15 AM)
Yep, I would say about 11 seconds to 60 for most peoples stock 2.0 without droppin the clutch.  I draged my wife to 60 her in our pontiac montana, me in my  2.0 74.  She smoked my ass. about a van and a half lenght.    :lol:    She even smoked the tires  :blink:   I launched a little easily, but it was very humbling  :( .  I would say 7 to seven and a half is a good guess for my six, which is a 2.7 that "should" be in the 175 to 180hp range.  Again easy launch, car magazines drop the clutch at about 5k not something most of us who work on our cars are willing to do.  I was able to keep up with a non "S" 2.5 boxster on a rolling start and I think those do the 0-60 dash in about 7 flat.  Ferg.

A Montana is a minivan, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) That whole picture is hilarious! Wife in minivan smokes hubby's sports car in a stop-light race! ROFLMAO!
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Oct 16 2003, 10:57 AM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Yep, Montana MINI VAN!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Our dog was in the front seat with his head out the window, looking down at me the whole time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think I posted this before, but she even knew to turn the traction control off so she could squawk the tires. I love that woman (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Charles Deutsch
post Oct 16 2003, 11:05 AM
Post #25

Unregistered

Aaah haa haa haa haa! Kind of reminds me of when I was in high-school and I drag raced my friend. I was driving a nineteen-sixty-something Rambler and he was in a 1975 Mustang II. We were door to door the whole way and when I would look over at him he would be looking back at me while bobbing back and forth trying to urge the Mustang on. He was a big goofy guy and it was hilarious!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:06 PM