Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How fast is a 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Does anyone have real time figures on 0-60 or quarter mile for a 2.0 914?

Ideally I looking for someone that has dyno'd about 100hp at the rear wheels.

I need the figures for a simple excel autox model that will compare performance of any two cars based upon finishing time, overall course length, length of straights and a index of performance between any two cars.

Actually I'd take my 2.0 out and try it on Foothill Express Way, but I've seen two people, including a beautiful 914 (6), get busted just the other day.
redshift
What luck! The factory was looking out for us!

smile.gif

0-100km/62mph 10.5 seconds/kiloyears
Standing kilometer 32sec @ 19,418 mph

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 15 2003, 04:47 PM)
seconds/kiloyears

huh? confused24.gif
seanery
=our cars are slow
redshift
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 15 2003, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 15 2003, 04:47 PM)
seconds/kiloyears

huh? confused24.gif

heh, what he said ^^

M
Bleyseng
0-60 is about 7.6 secs
1/4 mile is about 15.5 sec

How is that for a seat of the pants estimate?

Geoff
Charles Deutsch
Mueller
I wonder if he still owns this car ????
Charles Deutsch
Compare the performance numbers of the (then) 15-year-old, 914 2.0 with 96000 miles on the clock to the new MR2, CRX Si and Fiero http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/914page11.htm . Click the "next" button at the bottom left corner of the pages.
mskala
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 15 2003, 07:15 PM)
0-60 is about 7.6 secs
1/4 mile is about 15.5 sec

How is that for a seat of the pants estimate?

Not bloody likely.

But then he did say 100 RW hp, which would be a decently
built 2.0 with about 115hp by itself. Then you might have it
about right. smilie_flagge24.gif
Bleyseng
I have hit the 95 hp on the dyno and my car is faster than the stock 2.0L so that was a guess.

Geoff
rhodyguy
i take it that was when your car was road worthy.

kevin
"too many freaks, not enough circusses"
Bleyseng
It always road worthy, sometimes I work on to fix things I broke!
Randal
Good guess Geoff at 7.5 (0-60) and 15.5 (1/4 mile). I'm going to plug those numbers into the model. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks.

Randal
redshift
The number I posted (excepting the obvious parts) were real factory 2.0 numbers.

I think 7.5 is outrageously low.

0-100km/62mph 10.5 seconds

smile.gif

M
Boldylocks
ph34r.gif How fast...LOL...
Smokers with nasal plugs can hold their smoke longer..but, THEY DONT LOOK AS GOOD!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
Randal, What model are you looking at? Also, you need to incorporate less weight of your car if you've been able to lighten it.
crash914
Ok, here is mine....tired 2.0

2300 # with driver.
11 sec. 0-60
77 RWHP
Bleyseng
Ahhh, if you run shorter gears, smaller sticky tires(205x50's) and have more hp with a tuned djet you would be surprised how quickly you can get to 60mph!
Most stock 2.0l's run about 75 to 80 hp at the rear wheels, so adding about 15more hp makes a little bit of a difference.
Geoff MDB2.gif
BIGKAT_83
Got a copy of the orginal Car and Driver roadtest of a 73 2.0L and the 0-60 time was 10.7 sec and the 1/4 mile was 17.48 @ 76.98mph

1970 914/6 was 0-60 8.7sec and 1/4 mile at 16.3 at 83 mph and this was a Road and Track test.
Ferg
Yep, I would say about 11 seconds to 60 for most peoples stock 2.0 without droppin the clutch. I draged my wife to 60 her in our pontiac montana, me in my 2.0 74. She smoked my ass. about a van and a half lenght. laugh.gif She even smoked the tires blink.gif I launched a little easily, but it was very humbling sad.gif . I would say 7 to seven and a half is a good guess for my six, which is a 2.7 that "should" be in the 175 to 180hp range. Again easy launch, car magazines drop the clutch at about 5k not something most of us who work on our cars are willing to do. I was able to keep up with a non "S" 2.5 boxster on a rolling start and I think those do the 0-60 dash in about 7 flat. Ferg.
redshift
I am running a little over 100hp, with an H second.

I say around 9 seconds for me, unless I want to slip the clutch wildly, and then maybe you could shave off another .5 or so.

Tops out @ near 140, that last 20mph takes as long as the first 120.

It's slow to be fast, but once you get there...

M
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 16 2003, 09:15 AM)
Yep, I would say about 11 seconds to 60 for most peoples stock 2.0 without droppin the clutch.  I draged my wife to 60 her in our pontiac montana, me in my  2.0 74.  She smoked my ass. about a van and a half lenght.    :lol:    She even smoked the tires  :blink:   I launched a little easily, but it was very humbling  :( .  I would say 7 to seven and a half is a good guess for my six, which is a 2.7 that "should" be in the 175 to 180hp range.  Again easy launch, car magazines drop the clutch at about 5k not something most of us who work on our cars are willing to do.  I was able to keep up with a non "S" 2.5 boxster on a rolling start and I think those do the 0-60 dash in about 7 flat.  Ferg.

A Montana is a minivan, right? laugh.gif That whole picture is hilarious! Wife in minivan smokes hubby's sports car in a stop-light race! ROFLMAO!
Ferg
Yep, Montana MINI VAN!!! mad.gif

Our dog was in the front seat with his head out the window, looking down at me the whole time. laugh.gif

I think I posted this before, but she even knew to turn the traction control off so she could squawk the tires. I love that woman smilie_pokal.gif
Charles Deutsch
Aaah haa haa haa haa! Kind of reminds me of when I was in high-school and I drag raced my friend. I was driving a nineteen-sixty-something Rambler and he was in a 1975 Mustang II. We were door to door the whole way and when I would look over at him he would be looking back at me while bobbing back and forth trying to urge the Mustang on. He was a big goofy guy and it was hilarious!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.