Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> There are NO 914's in SoCal, How I spent my summer vacation
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 23 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Just got back tonight from our 8 day vacation in San Diego area. We put over 890 miles on the rental car. We spent many hours on I5 between Solana Beach and Anaheim and driving all over the city of San Diego and did not see one 914, what's up with that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I seen many a 911, 928, 944, one 968, 550 spyder (kit car I think), boxsters and we passed a new Cayman, but not one 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I do have to say I have never seen so many f'n Mercedes and BMW's in my life. Every other car in the road was one. My wife's Uncle lives in Solana Beach and I see why they don't want to leave. What a beautiful area, we would move in a heart beat if it wasn't for the fact that you can't touch a house in that area for under 800k that wasn't a fixer upper (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

Anyway, just (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) you So cal 914's where were you hiding?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
Toast
post Jul 24 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #2

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:48 PM) *

We spent many hours on I5 between Solana Beach and Anaheim and driving all over the city of San Diego and did not see one 914, what's up with that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I seen many a 911, 928, 944, one 968, 550 spyder (kit car I think), boxsters and we passed a new Cayman, but not one 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I do have to say I have never seen so many f'n Mercedes and BMW's in my life. Every other car in the road was one.

Anyway, just (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) you So cal 914's where were you hiding?

Re-read what you wrote. That's why you didn't see any 914's........beause us 914 owners dont have that kind of $ to be livin in them there areas. Next time ya visit, try bumpin down to our hood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) :poormanemptyingpockets:

p.s. We were at Joe's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
rcrgrl
post Jul 24 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,893

mine is lurking in the garage, keeping the jackstands from floating away!
+Quote Post
anthony
post Jul 24 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #4

2270 club

Member No.: 218

It was too hot to drive a 914 this past week. They were all resting in garages.
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Jul 24 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #5

Not another one!

Member No.: 1,743

BMW 3-series = West Coast Camry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) No one can afford a house here, so they spend it all on tasty cars instead.

8 days isn't long enough to see one. I see maybe one 914 per month on the road here in the SF Bay Area.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jul 24 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #6

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

There are 914's here, we just disguise them as Mercedes's and BMW's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:29 AM