Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There are NO 914's in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Just got back tonight from our 8 day vacation in San Diego area. We put over 890 miles on the rental car. We spent many hours on I5 between Solana Beach and Anaheim and driving all over the city of San Diego and did not see one 914, what's up with that? mad.gif I seen many a 911, 928, 944, one 968, 550 spyder (kit car I think), boxsters and we passed a new Cayman, but not one 914. dry.gif

I do have to say I have never seen so many f'n Mercedes and BMW's in my life. Every other car in the road was one. My wife's Uncle lives in Solana Beach and I see why they don't want to leave. What a beautiful area, we would move in a heart beat if it wasn't for the fact that you can't touch a house in that area for under 800k that wasn't a fixer upper screwy.gif

Anyway, just poke.gif you So cal 914's where were you hiding?
Toast
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:48 PM) *

We spent many hours on I5 between Solana Beach and Anaheim and driving all over the city of San Diego and did not see one 914, what's up with that? mad.gif I seen many a 911, 928, 944, one 968, 550 spyder (kit car I think), boxsters and we passed a new Cayman, but not one 914. dry.gif

I do have to say I have never seen so many f'n Mercedes and BMW's in my life. Every other car in the road was one.

Anyway, just poke.gif you So cal 914's where were you hiding?

Re-read what you wrote. That's why you didn't see any 914's........beause us 914 owners dont have that kind of $ to be livin in them there areas. Next time ya visit, try bumpin down to our hood. biggrin.gif :poormanemptyingpockets:

p.s. We were at Joe's. jsharp.gif
bye1.gif
rcrgrl
mine is lurking in the garage, keeping the jackstands from floating away!
anthony
It was too hot to drive a 914 this past week. They were all resting in garages.
lapuwali
BMW 3-series = West Coast Camry. biggrin.gif No one can afford a house here, so they spend it all on tasty cars instead.

8 days isn't long enough to see one. I see maybe one 914 per month on the road here in the SF Bay Area.
So.Cal.914
There are 914's here, we just disguise them as Mercedes's and BMW's. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.