Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do you remember the woman from Maine?, part of the 914Club history
Part Pricer
post Jul 25 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

One of the things that I have enjoyed while being a member of this group are the people and their stories. We've helped people through some tough challenges, some hard times and many good times. But, we've always banded together to help someone out.

There is one saga of which I have a distinct and fond memory. It started almost three years ago with a post in the garage. A woman from Maine named Joan Arbuthnot started a topic asking help in finding, evaluating and pricing a 914. Joan had purchased her first, and to that point, only 914 brand-new in 1971. The people of this club welcomed her with open arms and gave her considerable advice and direction. And, eventually directed her to a car for sale by another member that she wound up purchasing.

Now, in many of her posts, Joan told us that she was "older". I never really looked to find out what older meant. But, it didn't really matter. Joan purchased a car located across the country from her with the help of some club members. She then flew out West and drove her new 914 over 3,000 miles back to Maine. We all followed along as she made her trip.

I bring this up now because I just saw that Joan listed the 914 in the classifieds. She is moving to France and will not be taking the 914 with her.

We all wished her luck and supported her when she was making her cross-country trek. I would like to take this opportunity to wish her well in her new endeavor. Best wishes Joan and remember that being a member of the 914Club is a lifetime membership.

Are you sure you don't want to take the car with you? I understand there are some great twisties in France.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Part Pricer   Do you remember the woman from Maine?   Jul 25 2006, 06:20 PM
GWN7   Exactly what I thought when I read Joan's ad.....   Jul 25 2006, 06:49 PM
Bleyseng   Course I remember as I hooked her up with Jim Cham...   Jul 25 2006, 06:51 PM
scottb   sat next to joan at b-fast for an ecr a couple of ...   Jul 25 2006, 07:51 PM
Aaron Cox   Joan we wont forget you, and we all wish you well ...   Jul 25 2006, 09:52 PM
fiid   Joan gave a sizeable donation to my AIDS/Lifecycle...   Jul 25 2006, 10:47 PM
anthony   Bon Voyage, Joan!   Jul 25 2006, 10:56 PM
Brad Roberts   Joan sent me flowers one day when I was working wi...   Jul 26 2006, 12:40 AM
jarbuthnot  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:29 AM