Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are relays supposed to get warm, even when the car is off?
HeloMech
post Jul 25 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #1

Go Ahead, Get Pistoph!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,718
Region Association: Southern California

I've got one of the round relays on the board under the dash that seems to be warm all the time. I thought maybe it was going bad so I swapped it out and then that 'new' one becomes warm after a few minutes. Where the three relays are lined up along the edge, it's the center one. This is on the 73 914 1.7. As posted in another post about headlights, I found a wire jumper on the headlight switch which is courtesy of the PO rather than replacing the headlight switch.

So, what's that center relay for and why would it be warm unless it's receiving power full time... and if it is... why should it be? Seems like it would be a battery drain or something.

Thanks,
Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HeloMech   Are relays supposed to get warm   Jul 25 2006, 09:57 PM
Dave_Darling   What are the colors of wires that go to that relay...   Jul 26 2006, 08:51 AM
HeloMech  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:16 PM