Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are relays supposed to get warm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
I've got one of the round relays on the board under the dash that seems to be warm all the time. I thought maybe it was going bad so I swapped it out and then that 'new' one becomes warm after a few minutes. Where the three relays are lined up along the edge, it's the center one. This is on the 73 914 1.7. As posted in another post about headlights, I found a wire jumper on the headlight switch which is courtesy of the PO rather than replacing the headlight switch.

So, what's that center relay for and why would it be warm unless it's receiving power full time... and if it is... why should it be? Seems like it would be a battery drain or something.

Thanks,
Robert
Dave_Darling
What are the colors of wires that go to that relay's socket? That's the best way to tell which relay it is.

I can't think offhand of any relay that should be getting power when the key is off...

--DD
SLITS
Possibly the auxillary headlights.............
HeloMech
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 26 2006, 07:51 AM) *

What are the colors of wires that go to that relay's socket? That's the best way to tell which relay it is.

I can't think offhand of any relay that should be getting power when the key is off...

--DD

Hm, I'll check those wire colors when I get home from work tonight.

also, aux. headlights? the fog/driving lights? I don't think they work unless the key is on.
SLITS
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 26 2006, 08:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 26 2006, 07:51 AM) *

--DD

Hm, I'll check those wire colors when I get home from work tonight.

also, aux. headlights? the fog/driving lights? I don't think they work unless the key is on.

Vell, das ist vas der relay ist fur. Der DAPO coulden puttzin eine vire to das svitch soda sie coulden der lichter blinken ohne der key on gehaben oder sie eine shorten gehaben maybe das ist gepullin' der relay in.

Oh well.....you have a choice from the speaker to the left on the fuse panel...
1.) Buzzer
2.) Aux headlights relay
3.) Fresh air fan relay
4.) dimmer relay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.