Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Threshold Plate and Outer Rocker Rivet kits, oem substitute - OUT OF STOCK
tod914
post Jul 28 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Currently out of stock - sourcing another manufacturer

I have available NLA Black and Bone colored plastic rivets for use on the threshold plates and outer rocker panels. The costs are 20 cents per rivet plus $4 shipping per order. For 1970-1973 model year cars with aluminum threshold plates you will need 36 bone (white) colored rivets. For 73 1/2 through 1976 model year cars with black plastic threshold plates, you will need 24 black for the threshold plates, and 12 bone colored rivets for the outer rockers. Some original owner 75-76 model year cars had metal pop rivets holding on the outer rockers. You may want to go with all black for your 75-76 model year car. We were unable to confirmed if all 75-76 model year cars came that way. Oem rivets (clear only) costs .80 cents per rivet for a total of $28.80 for 36 clear rivets. Here you can do the same job for $7.20 plus $4 shipping . ** NOTE ** SHIPPING WILL BE WITH CERTIFIED MAIL ONLY FROM NOW ON. Sorry for the increase but I refuse to take a hit each time an order doesn't make it's destination. This seems to happen more often than not.
Keep in mind, althought the heads are a perfect match, one or two prongs may or may not have to be razored/cut off at the base for it to fit, being they are slightly thicker than OEM. Test fit before you get into cutting. You may find that they will go in with all 4 prongs without a problem. Be sure to order a few extra to do your car in case of mistake while installing. Installation tips are below. PM me for payment information and specify amount and color.

Thanks for your interest.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jul 30 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Here are some tips on how to install the rivets on the outer rocker panels. I would suggest the 1st method. This will allow you to remove your outer rocker panels while leaving the rivets intact.

Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
Step 4. pull out the pin then insert the rivet head. push in pin
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tod914
post Aug 20 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

RIVET INSTALLATION... METHOD 2

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
mpissaquah
post Jul 24 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #4

Mike P

Member No.: 4,857
Region Association: None

QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 28 2006, 09:39 AM) *

I have available NLA Black and Bone colored plastic rivets for use on the threshold plates and outer rocker panels. The costs are 20 cents per rivet plus $3 shipping per order. For 1970-1973 model year cars with aluminum threshold plates you will need 36 bone (white) colored rivets. For 73 1/2 through 1976 model year cars with black plastic threshold plates, you will need 24 black for the threshold plates, and 12 bone colored rivets for the outer rockers. Some original owner 75-76 model year cars had metal pop rivets holding on the outer rockers. You may want to go with all black for your 75-76 model year car. We were unable to confirmed if all 75-76 model year cars came that way. Oem rivets (clear only) costs .80 cents per rivet for a total of $28.80 for 36 clear rivets. Here you can do the same job for $7.20 plus $3 shipping. Keep in mind, althought the heads are a perfect match, one or two prongs may or may not have to be razored/cut off at the base for it to fit, being they are slightly thicker than OEM. Test fit before you get into cutting. You may find that they will go in with all 4 prongs without a problem. Be sure to order a few extra to do your car in case of mistake while installing. Installation tips are below. PM me for payment information and specify amount and color.

Thanks for your interest.

Attached Image

DO you still have the black rivits available? I woudl be intersted in 24 for my 75 914
+Quote Post
914werke
post May 9 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #5

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
JazonJJordan
post Jul 25 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,446
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Wow Tod914, great NLA product at a great price! Thanks for the good work~ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (Rivet Smasher!)
+Quote Post
BarberDave
post Dec 21 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #7

Barberdave

Member No.: 135
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I 'll take a set of black for my 73. P.M. you with addy> Thanks Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
chrispy
post Jan 3 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,337
Region Association: None

I'm interested in purchasing 40 or the white plastic rivets for my 1972 914. Contact me with purchase information. Thanks so much!

Chris Poulsen
pcpoulsen@aol.com
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Apr 18 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

PM sent for black rivets.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 03:25 AM