Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Threshold Plate and Outer Rocker Rivet kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
tod914

Currently out of stock - sourcing another manufacturer

I have available NLA Black and Bone colored plastic rivets for use on the threshold plates and outer rocker panels. The costs are 20 cents per rivet plus $4 shipping per order. For 1970-1973 model year cars with aluminum threshold plates you will need 36 bone (white) colored rivets. For 73 1/2 through 1976 model year cars with black plastic threshold plates, you will need 24 black for the threshold plates, and 12 bone colored rivets for the outer rockers. Some original owner 75-76 model year cars had metal pop rivets holding on the outer rockers. You may want to go with all black for your 75-76 model year car. We were unable to confirmed if all 75-76 model year cars came that way. Oem rivets (clear only) costs .80 cents per rivet for a total of $28.80 for 36 clear rivets. Here you can do the same job for $7.20 plus $4 shipping . ** NOTE ** SHIPPING WILL BE WITH CERTIFIED MAIL ONLY FROM NOW ON. Sorry for the increase but I refuse to take a hit each time an order doesn't make it's destination. This seems to happen more often than not.
Keep in mind, althought the heads are a perfect match, one or two prongs may or may not have to be razored/cut off at the base for it to fit, being they are slightly thicker than OEM. Test fit before you get into cutting. You may find that they will go in with all 4 prongs without a problem. Be sure to order a few extra to do your car in case of mistake while installing. Installation tips are below. PM me for payment information and specify amount and color.

Thanks for your interest.

Click to view attachment
tod914
Here are some tips on how to install the rivets on the outer rocker panels. I would suggest the 1st method. This will allow you to remove your outer rocker panels while leaving the rivets intact.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Step 4. pull out the pin then insert the rivet head. push in pin
Click to view attachment
mpissaquah
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 28 2006, 09:39 AM) *

I have available NLA Black and Bone colored plastic rivets for use on the threshold plates and outer rocker panels. The costs are 20 cents per rivet plus $3 shipping per order. For 1970-1973 model year cars with aluminum threshold plates you will need 36 bone (white) colored rivets. For 73 1/2 through 1976 model year cars with black plastic threshold plates, you will need 24 black for the threshold plates, and 12 bone colored rivets for the outer rockers. Some original owner 75-76 model year cars had metal pop rivets holding on the outer rockers. You may want to go with all black for your 75-76 model year car. We were unable to confirmed if all 75-76 model year cars came that way. Oem rivets (clear only) costs .80 cents per rivet for a total of $28.80 for 36 clear rivets. Here you can do the same job for $7.20 plus $3 shipping. Keep in mind, althought the heads are a perfect match, one or two prongs may or may not have to be razored/cut off at the base for it to fit, being they are slightly thicker than OEM. Test fit before you get into cutting. You may find that they will go in with all 4 prongs without a problem. Be sure to order a few extra to do your car in case of mistake while installing. Installation tips are below. PM me for payment information and specify amount and color.

Thanks for your interest.

Click to view attachment

DO you still have the black rivits available? I woudl be intersted in 24 for my 75 914
914werke
icon_bump.gif
JazonJJordan
biggrin.gif Wow Tod914, great NLA product at a great price! Thanks for the good work~ smash.gif (Rivet Smasher!)
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I 'll take a set of black for my 73. P.M. you with addy> Thanks Dave slap.gif
chrispy
I'm interested in purchasing 40 or the white plastic rivets for my 1972 914. Contact me with purchase information. Thanks so much!

Chris Poulsen
pcpoulsen@aol.com
rfuerst911sc
PM sent for black rivets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.