Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WOT: Landis Didn't Dope, Accurate Testing Procedures In Doubt?
Demick
post Aug 5 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #41

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

QUOTE(Qarl @ Aug 5 2006, 09:38 AM) *

Landis looks like he should be working for Santa at the North Pole toy shop!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Aug 5 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

Midtowner,

I'm a Floyd Landis fan...don't get me wrong...but, there are reports that Landis not only had an 11:1 ratio...but that traces of synthetic testosterone were found. This stuff is either injected or consumed in some way. They are not naturally produced by the human body. If none of the above is true...then your only alternative would be that his sample was maliciously tainted. What exactly do you think the case is here? Sounds like you believe the French lab set him up. For Landis' sake, I hope you are right. There is a carbon isotope test that can very accurately test his sample...but if someone has already tainted it...the test will show it. Too bad clean athletes don't protect themselves with their own personal testing taken at an unbiased independant third party facility...so they can legitimately back up their claims to be drug free. I remember I was singled out with 17 other employees at work and drug tested. We were all suspended until the results came back from the lab. The results would mean instant termination for users. I was pissed (BIG TIME!) they even drug tested me in the first place...because everyone at work knows I work out like a feen and run competitively. It was a common fact that I never touched anything...OK I lied...I drink Jack & Coke....but the company was out on a witchhunt. I submitted to their gay test and went immediately to another certified facility to have myself drug tested (at my expense). This way Northworst Airlines would have some fucking explaining to do if their samples showed up positive. I'd just stroll in with test results from my independant drug testing facility (taken within 30 minutes of their tests) and demand to know why there's a discrepancy? As it turned out they did a fair analysis of my urine sample. Maybe athletes like Landis should pursue a similar path to protect themselves.

Bill
+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Aug 5 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #43

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316
Region Association: None

Wow. I see you can relate on a personal level. Perhaps you are on to something Bill! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Aug 5 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #44

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897
Region Association: None

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Aug 5 2006, 03:51 PM) *

.... I submitted to their gay test and went immediately to another certified facility

They can test for that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

You have them dead to rights. They are all cheating, just some are better at covering up, and the fact that testing already makes allowances for how much you cheat just tells you that the big money team will always have the advantage. Why don't they do independant testing?

Look at the NHL, 05/06 was the first year for testing. It was announced in the summer and then no testing was done until the following January. Amazingly enough there were no positive tests.

What matters most is the appearance of a clean sport for public consumption. There is a level of drug taking that is accepted and a level of Franch conspiracy that follows so that once in a while a Yankee scapegoat can clear the slate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stan.gif)
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Aug 5 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #45

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

johannes?

johannes?

John (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JPB
post Aug 5 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #46

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 28 2006, 04:15 PM) *

Did he get a hot beef injection before the test? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Now thats choice, killer!

I take the Cozmo Cramer aproach by saying, "they are all FREAKS!!!!!!!" Thats why they are where they are, making a living with their asses!! I say, juice them all up and the one who crosses the finish line without blowing up or without organ failure wins!! It is not sports, its turned into nationalistic entertainment! Let them go, it'll be fun to watch, specially the one who, well, don't make it!!LOL The world dosen't have enough freaks in it for me to be entertained enough.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Its not me, its the beer talkin!!
+Quote Post
JPB
post Aug 5 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #47

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

8. No banned substance has been found in the testing. He was found to have a high testosterone level thats it.

Just for this #8 problem, I would be banned from any form of competition!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Ya, my blue balls are on fire 24/7!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Aug 5 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #48

I say, juice them all up and the one who crosses the finish line without blowing up or without organ failure wins!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Aug 5 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #49

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
They can test for that?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:50 PM