Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installation of Innovate LC-1
lmcchesney
post Jul 28 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

I'm installing the LC-1. I got the bung welded on the exhaust pipe just after the 4:1 connection on the Bursch exhaust pipe at about 10-20degrees off top center line. The cord does not make it to the engine tin between the tranny and engine. The big connector will have to sit on top of the tranny and the cord running through the engine tin with a grommet. From there, it runs along the top of the engine and down the firewall and into the cabin along side the main wire harness of the engine/cabin. Is this acceptable?
Larry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
lapuwali
post Jul 28 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

Is the sensor cable to the controller long enough to go up into the trunk? Plenty of people mount it this way. Drill a small hole up into the trunk, mount the controller there, then run the data cable forward.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jul 28 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

I have a TechEdge WBO2 sensor and I ran the cable over the tanny and through a grommet in the back tin. From there I took it way outboard. I don't know if the high voltage leads in the ignition are a problem but I try to keep sensors and high voltage separated as much as possible. I have a great 0-5 volt signal.

Dave
+Quote Post
lmcchesney
post Jul 28 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #4

I believe the controler is the rectangular box which the sensor cable connects to and has the 7 wires and 2 serial cables leaving it. I was planning on the controller to run allong the tranny. Is this OK?
Larry
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jul 28 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 28 2006, 04:13 PM) *

I believe the controler is the rectangular box which the sensor cable connects to and has the 7 wires and 2 serial cables leaving it. I was planning on the controller to run allong the tranny. Is this OK?
Larry

sounds iffy to me....too much heat and vibration????

I ran my the cable up thru the trunk floor....controller in rear trunk, wires go into engine compartment on relay board side into another connector which goes to another cable assy for my FI which is mounted inside the passanger compartment...
+Quote Post
lmcchesney
post Jul 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #6

OK. I was worried about leaving the controller box, it looks expensive, exposed on the tranny. Can I extend the five wires from the LC-1 sensor, over the tranny,along the side wall of the engine compartment and through the firewall? Are these wires fixed to a measured resistance for calibration or voltage generation like a cylinder head temp sensor?
Larry
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:29 AM