Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation of Innovate LC-1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
I'm installing the LC-1. I got the bung welded on the exhaust pipe just after the 4:1 connection on the Bursch exhaust pipe at about 10-20degrees off top center line. The cord does not make it to the engine tin between the tranny and engine. The big connector will have to sit on top of the tranny and the cord running through the engine tin with a grommet. From there, it runs along the top of the engine and down the firewall and into the cabin along side the main wire harness of the engine/cabin. Is this acceptable?
Larry
lapuwali
Is the sensor cable to the controller long enough to go up into the trunk? Plenty of people mount it this way. Drill a small hole up into the trunk, mount the controller there, then run the data cable forward.
DNHunt
I have a TechEdge WBO2 sensor and I ran the cable over the tanny and through a grommet in the back tin. From there I took it way outboard. I don't know if the high voltage leads in the ignition are a problem but I try to keep sensors and high voltage separated as much as possible. I have a great 0-5 volt signal.

Dave
lmcchesney
I believe the controler is the rectangular box which the sensor cable connects to and has the 7 wires and 2 serial cables leaving it. I was planning on the controller to run allong the tranny. Is this OK?
Larry
Mueller
QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 28 2006, 04:13 PM) *

I believe the controler is the rectangular box which the sensor cable connects to and has the 7 wires and 2 serial cables leaving it. I was planning on the controller to run allong the tranny. Is this OK?
Larry

sounds iffy to me....too much heat and vibration????

I ran my the cable up thru the trunk floor....controller in rear trunk, wires go into engine compartment on relay board side into another connector which goes to another cable assy for my FI which is mounted inside the passanger compartment...
lmcchesney
OK. I was worried about leaving the controller box, it looks expensive, exposed on the tranny. Can I extend the five wires from the LC-1 sensor, over the tranny,along the side wall of the engine compartment and through the firewall? Are these wires fixed to a measured resistance for calibration or voltage generation like a cylinder head temp sensor?
Larry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.