Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Did a autox driving school today, Dominic couldn't make it but his brother did
turboman808
post Jul 28 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

I like this kinda autoxing. Must have done 40 runs today.

ANyways I think I learned alot and found where I can and can't push the car harder.

Hard parts was trying to focus on everything the instructors told me at once. My line are fairly good. Braking and gasing at the right point are my problem.

I also noticed after several runs that it seems to me the brake bias was using to much front. I adjusted it just a bit and it seems to help. I was stopping better and not locking up as easy.

I also got to ride along with instructors while they drove my car. Kinda pisses you off when someone who has never driven your car gets in and is faster then you. Last instructor to drive it had it timed and got a 50.3. I was getting 51-52 all day. But did finaly get it down to a 50.3 myself. Dam I bet if that guy had a few practice runs he could have got a 48.

Definetly worth it. I really feel I know the car much better.

There was also a afternoon autox but after being out in the heat since 7am and the aproaching thunderstorm I bailed. I was pretty beat. Right after I left it rained like crazy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
turboman808   Did a autox driving school today   Jul 28 2006, 05:41 PM
J P Stein   One of these days....before I'm nuthin' bu...   Jul 29 2006, 10:39 AM
DNHunt   Tell us more about the Evo school JP. Dave   Jul 29 2006, 10:56 AM
Dave-O  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:03 PM