Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Goodwood Festival of Speed
gdonahoe
post Jul 29 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,186
Region Association: None

Recently I had the opportunity to attend the Festival of Speed at Goodwood England. I took some pictures that I hope you will enjoy. Unfortunately no 914’s but a few very significant Porches.

This is a huge event that has been held for the last several years featuring significant cars and drivers. All three days were sold out and it is a fabulously run event. Fans are allowed very close access to the cars and in many cases you can walk all around them without hindrance of any barriers. Twice each day the cars make a run up the hill climb. It is an excellent opportunity to see and speak to many famous race drivers from all types of racing. In attendance were Sterling Moss, Jack Brabham, John Surtees, Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones, Richard Petty, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansel, Mika Hakkinen, Markus Gronholm, Gil de Ferran, just to name a few.

You will see pictured below car #98. It was because of my involvement with this car that I was invited to attend the Goodwood event. From 1984 through 1997 I worked at Dan Gurney’s race shop in Santa Ana, California. During that time we were Toyota’s factory sponsored road racing team in North America. In 1986 we built three Toyota Celica’s for racing in the IMSA GTO category. In 1987 we won both the drivers championship with Chris Cord and the manufacturer’s championship for Toyota. The pictured car is chassis #001 of the three built. Driving the car at Goodwood was Dennis Aase, a name that longtime Porsche enthusiasts might recognize. Also attending were two of my old AAR teammates’ Gary Martin and Howard Monise. We had a great time and it was truly an honor to be invited to participate.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
gdonahoe   Goodwood Festival of Speed   Jul 29 2006, 10:40 PM
gdonahoe   Celica GTO ft   Jul 29 2006, 10:42 PM
gdonahoe   Gurney Porsche f1   Jul 29 2006, 10:44 PM
gdonahoe   906   Jul 29 2006, 10:45 PM
gdonahoe   908   Jul 29 2006, 10:46 PM
gdonahoe   962, 917   Jul 29 2006, 10:48 PM
gdonahoe   eagle f1   Jul 29 2006, 10:49 PM
gdonahoe   lotus 49 f1   Jul 29 2006, 10:50 PM
swood   Great shots! Love those P-cars!! BTW....   Jul 29 2006, 10:51 PM
gdonahoe  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:54 PM