Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NoVA - DC - MD: Engine reinstall in Frederick, Dr Evil and I will be reinstalling my Eng Sat 8/05
zymurgist
post Aug 6 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #21

"Ace" Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,238
Region Association: None

Oh yeah, Jens's car is totally awesome! It's a low mileage survivor, it's ORANGE, and it has cloth seat inserts that give it that period feel... groovy, baby!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type4org
post Aug 6 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #22

You need PLAID!

Member No.: 6,212

Big thanks from me to Matt and his wife for not only tolerating but even feeding some people like me who stood around watching other people work for most of the time.

Big thanks also to Dr Evil: the shift feel is much more precise, and most noticeably I can now rely on the shifter pulling itself into the middle position correctly when letting it go, this makes downshifting 4->3 and upshifting 1->2 much nicer. Grazing reverse on the way from 1 to 2 is just not cool.

Thanks for the kind words there, Ken (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) The car is not concours-ready, but I'd much rather have something that's as original as possible with signs of being used instead of spending my weekends under the car with Q-Tips.

The food was great, the people were great, the weather was still bearable, I had a chance to drive top-down for a bit, and my car came back in better shape than when I took off - what more could you want?

+Quote Post
plas76targa
post Aug 6 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,700
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

You guys are great. Modest Mike.. most of the work was done by him and Herb (Crash914), I wasted time on one trip to the hardware store, and a half hour on my slow laptop finding and printing the pelican article.

Today I cut the holes for the sway bar, cut one side out for the Engman reinforcement plate and rustoleum painted that side. Monday I should have the other side cut out and painted. Maybe even get the bar on if I can get the one remaining old gromet off the bar.

Anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) cheers to Dr Evil, Crash914, Jens (type4org), and Zymurgist for helping out. It will be nice to get back on the road with this car.

Scottb, we missed you. How about a goin' away party before you leave?
+Quote Post
Leo Imperial
post Aug 7 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #24

Do you have to use so many cuss words?

Member No.: 3,192

How did I miss this???

Sorry guys to much work and no play as of late.
I'm actually glad I didn't see it earlier - I had to work on Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Matt - your car is approaching perfection. It sounds like a good time was had by all. You know it is a funny thing about that Doctor kid, he just can't stop until the job is done right.
+Quote Post
plas76targa
post Aug 8 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,700

QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Aug 7 2006, 08:05 PM) *

Matt - your car is approaching perfection. It sounds like a good time was had by all. You know it is a funny thing about that Doctor kid, he just can't stop until the job is done right.

Yeah, Mike says I'm heading towards concours weanie. You were missed. We are talking about getting a dinner gathering near the PA MD line, it would be a haul for you but we'll be sure you hear about it.
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Aug 8 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #26

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

Oh yeah! Chubby's BBQ in Emmitsburg! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

If you leave that place hungry it's your own damn fault.
+Quote Post
crash914
post Aug 9 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #27

its a mystery to me

Member No.: 434

kool, I am game....

Matt, no problem, parts are not going anywhere...

Mike. 2 pressure plates, 1 T/O bearing and one 4 spring disk...let me know....
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:21 PM