Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCC 07 - NorCal, no details inside
anthony
post Aug 3 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #41

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

It will probably be in So Cal the year after. Isn't Vegas already pretty close to the RRC?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Aug 3 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #42

914 addicted

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,246

Not elitist, but Norcal has a lot to offer to make it easier for members to turn it into family vacations. Vegas for me would most certainly involve bail money issues. Wine country is a definite lure. Indoor karting is cheap compared to track. Go Mark Go! Do I lose the ability to vote because I didn't drag my ass up to the land of the wet one?
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Aug 3 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #43

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Put it in Santa Cruz and you will have a person that will help organize. I'm a good sponsor solicitor too.
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Aug 3 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

Mark....I trust you baby...and I'll be glad to help any way I can...not too tech savy but I was a salesman for 30 years....need something sold? Or bought?
Let me know, I know some great coastal twisties and places for posing, drinking, or eating ....or all of the above. If we have enough free divers in the group we could have an abalone feed on the north coast and wine from the wine country....it's all doable.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Aug 4 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #45

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

As far as different cars for the track..

People run in different run groups. Lots of options there. Lots of ways to separate the fast vs the slow drivers.

Indoor track would be awesome!!! But we have to drive our 914's on the track too... at least autox (914 club only..)
+Quote Post
kenschipper
post Aug 4 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 2,025

QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 2 2006, 12:25 PM) *

I have no details. I will be recruiting people to help as soon as a location and a date are finalized. If you want in on the planning forum, let me know.

I didn't want to announce anything until I had a solid location, in case for some reason I can't find anything suitable.

Mark,

I'd be glad to help in any way possible.

One option to consider are the pre-historics which occur at Laguna Seca the weekend before the Historics. Most entries in the historics come down this weekend for testing and setup. Just as much fun to watch and no entrance fee. Pit area passes are a little difficult but the company I work for does all the heavy construction and paving at Laguna so I may be able to talk to the right person for this if there is an interest.

Another interesting side trip would be to Canepa Design. Bruce Canepa has a museum and restoration center in Scotts Valley. He raced 934's and 935's in the early years and has an original 914-6 GT in his collection along with 917, 962, 935, and on and on. Has converted about 30 959 to street legal in US. Listened to a presentation by him at Laguna Seca this last year (brought his 917 and 935) and he has some great stories to share. Truely a seat of the pants expert on Porshe racing.

He has done special presentations to the PCA group in the past and it would be great to see if we could work out something with him. You could easily spend a full day at the museum and shop and still have more to see. You can see his web site at http://www.canepa.com/

My wife owns a marketing and design firm (lots of web stuff) and we could create and put up a site for the year with lots of photos, video, entry forms, ongoing news whatever at no cost. Let me know if there is any way we can help.

Ken & Kathy Schipper
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 4 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #47

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(kenschipper @ Aug 4 2006, 05:12 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 2 2006, 12:25 PM) *

I have no details. I will be recruiting people to help as soon as a location and a date are finalized. If you want in on the planning forum, let me know.

I didn't want to announce anything until I had a solid location, in case for some reason I can't find anything suitable.

Mark,

I'd be glad to help in any way possible.

One option to consider are the pre-historics which occur at Laguna Seca the weekend before the Historics. Most entries in the historics come down this weekend for testing and setup. Just as much fun to watch and no entrance fee. Pit area passes are a little difficult but the company I work for does all the heavy construction and paving at Laguna so I may be able to talk to the right person for this if there is an interest.

Another interesting side trip would be to Canepa Design. Bruce Canepa has a museum and restoration center in Scotts Valley. He raced 934's and 935's in the early years and has an original 914-6 GT in his collection along with 917, 962, 935, and on and on. Has converted about 30 959 to street legal in US. Listened to a presentation by him at Laguna Seca this last year (brought his 917 and 935) and he has some great stories to share. Truely a seat of the pants expert on Porshe racing.

He has done special presentations to the PCA group in the past and it would be great to see if we could work out something with him. You could easily spend a full day at the museum and shop and still have more to see. You can see his web site at http://www.canepa.com/

My wife owns a marketing and design firm (lots of web stuff) and we could create and put up a site for the year with lots of photos, video, entry forms, ongoing news whatever at no cost. Let me know if there is any way we can help.

Ken & Kathy Schipper

Bruce Canepa's 914-6GT is the Lufthansa car. He is a very personable guy. Spent an hour chatting with friends of mine at Wine Country Classics this year. That would be a very good tour.

The possibilities for driving tours are almost endless. The simplest being a trip up to Berryessa and back through wine country.

The closest autocross venue would probably be Charles Schultz Sonoma County Airport and could probably be coordinated with RR-PCA.

Trackmasters uses Thunderhill more than Infinion and if I know Doug Gale his schedule for next year is already set so we would have to fit his schedule in order to have track time with his group. Other groups exist though.

Should be a lot of fun...

+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Aug 4 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #48

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'll say it as I have put on big events before.

Remember guys, the hardest part of putting on an event is the hard Cash it takes to reserve space or slots to do stuff. 914club still has squat in cash last time I heard...so help to pony up so fun stuff can be done. You will get paid back or if you are a business get lots of advertising.

Some day we have to make this club pay for it self. Putting on events and then donating any profit is great but then we still have no cash for the next one. We need a reserve fund to do stuff. Brad voiced this, the responses were interesting.

I say small yearly dues.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 04:20 PM