Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What to do this year?
seanery
post Aug 4 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #1

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

I was just looking through some past event's pictures and stuff, man 2004 looked fun. I don't remember much of last year, I was in a fog for 10 months or so...

Anybody got any ideas to replace the Poker Run? I think the participants got a kick out of that one...

what else, any other great ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 8 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #2

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

Every year my SCCA region does a turkey ralley. This would be long the lines of the poker run of 04. Difference is you get somewhat vague directions for a ralley route, a time limit (usually 2 hours or so), and a sealed envelope with the entire route & final destination in it. It doesn't matter if you are the first or last to arrive to the final point. What does matter is how many miles did you drive. The one that comes the closest with out going over wins a prize. In this case it could be a FFC 06 ralley trophy and dinner or something?

example start at point A. Head West until you see the young house turn left at stop....... (The Young house would be a name on a mail box, you would then turn left at the next stop then look for the next clue)...... At the Y head toward green house with white roof make a Right at the brown fence........

You guys get the idea. We have a lot of fun every year with the ralley. Usual distance driven is between 30 - 50 miles. Best to keep track of distance between clues then ad you your total mileage.

Anyway just a thought. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 8 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

Oh forgot to say, only one car leaves at a time. So every 3 - 5 minutes one car takes off.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
seanery
post Aug 8 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #4

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I like that Garold!

As long as everyone has a working odometer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 09:30 AM