Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do this year?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I was just looking through some past event's pictures and stuff, man 2004 looked fun. I don't remember much of last year, I was in a fog for 10 months or so...

Anybody got any ideas to replace the Poker Run? I think the participants got a kick out of that one...

what else, any other great ideas?
GaroldShaffer
Every year my SCCA region does a turkey ralley. This would be long the lines of the poker run of 04. Difference is you get somewhat vague directions for a ralley route, a time limit (usually 2 hours or so), and a sealed envelope with the entire route & final destination in it. It doesn't matter if you are the first or last to arrive to the final point. What does matter is how many miles did you drive. The one that comes the closest with out going over wins a prize. In this case it could be a FFC 06 ralley trophy and dinner or something?

example start at point A. Head West until you see the young house turn left at stop....... (The Young house would be a name on a mail box, you would then turn left at the next stop then look for the next clue)...... At the Y head toward green house with white roof make a Right at the brown fence........

You guys get the idea. We have a lot of fun every year with the ralley. Usual distance driven is between 30 - 50 miles. Best to keep track of distance between clues then ad you your total mileage.

Anyway just a thought. drunk.gif

GaroldShaffer
Oh forgot to say, only one car leaves at a time. So every 3 - 5 minutes one car takes off.
seanery
I like that Garold!

As long as everyone has a working odometer wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.