Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jack Replacement, Finally broke, need replacement ideas..
jim_hoyland
post Aug 6 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

I've had this jack for 20+ years and worked perfect until today. The gears in the top had been wearing and it finally gave up. This is the one I carry in the car.

First; is this model still available ?

Second; what do you recommend to replace it so that I may still use the jack holes

Third; is there a better replcement that does not use the jack holes that I should look at.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
STL914
post Aug 6 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

It's not OEM by any means but I keep a sissir's jack from a Honda Prelude in my front trunk, stored in a black canvas mechanics bag along with several other tools. It works great on the road and in the garage and I've yet to have any problems with it. I can also place it any where along the side of the car, but limited to the jacking holes.

If you're looking for an OEM jack for your car, I have a couple I would be willing to sell. Let me know and I'll send you a picture or two.
+Quote Post
dangrouche
post Aug 6 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #3

dangrouche

Member No.: 2,012
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 6 2006, 09:36 AM) *

I've had this jack for 20+ years and worked perfect until today. The gears in the top had been wearing and it finally gave up. This is the one I carry in the car.

First; is this model still available ?

Second; what do you recommend to replace it so that I may still use the jack holes

Third; is there a better replcement that does not use the jack holes that I should look at.

Get one of those square or round plates and carry a scissors jack; hopefully you should only want to use the OEM jack for roadside emergencies, not reqular repairs
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Aug 6 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

The actual OEM jack that came with the car broke many years ago; the jack in the picture came from a VW Van and seemed more heacy duty. Sissors sounds doable; do you use them with the plate that has the jack-hole extension ?

Thanks-
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 09:56 AM