Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I've had this jack for 20+ years and worked perfect until today. The gears in the top had been wearing and it finally gave up. This is the one I carry in the car.

First; is this model still available ?

Second; what do you recommend to replace it so that I may still use the jack holes

Third; is there a better replcement that does not use the jack holes that I should look at.
STL914
It's not OEM by any means but I keep a sissir's jack from a Honda Prelude in my front trunk, stored in a black canvas mechanics bag along with several other tools. It works great on the road and in the garage and I've yet to have any problems with it. I can also place it any where along the side of the car, but limited to the jacking holes.

If you're looking for an OEM jack for your car, I have a couple I would be willing to sell. Let me know and I'll send you a picture or two.
dangrouche
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 6 2006, 09:36 AM) *

I've had this jack for 20+ years and worked perfect until today. The gears in the top had been wearing and it finally gave up. This is the one I carry in the car.

First; is this model still available ?

Second; what do you recommend to replace it so that I may still use the jack holes

Third; is there a better replcement that does not use the jack holes that I should look at.

Get one of those square or round plates and carry a scissors jack; hopefully you should only want to use the OEM jack for roadside emergencies, not reqular repairs
jim_hoyland
The actual OEM jack that came with the car broke many years ago; the jack in the picture came from a VW Van and seemed more heacy duty. Sissors sounds doable; do you use them with the plate that has the jack-hole extension ?

Thanks-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.