Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which rear shocks can get me back up to stock height or higher?
moggy
post Aug 6 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,285

After our first rally here in the UK over the weekend (finished 34 out of 50 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )I've realised we have a serious ground clearance issue. The car is simply to low and had to be walked thru the rough sections. The fronts are presently at stock height and I'm happy we can probably get the ground clearance we need at the front by adjusting the adjusters to the max and higher profile tyres. However at the back the higher profiles tyres just won't be enough.

I've presently got KYB's on the back (with 165 springs from Pelicanparts). What good quality aftermarket shocks can get me back up to at least stock height or prefereably higher? I need them to have damper adjustability and height adjustability. As far as I know my options are Bilstein or Koni......am I correct? do both shocks have both attributes I'm after? As most of the 914 aftermarket stuff is focused on lowering the suspension I'm worried that even with the spring perches on their highest settings it won't be getting me at least back up to stock height. Is my worry needless? Is higher than stock even a possibility?

Also a worry is that the 165 springs I've recently purchased will be loose if I raise the suspension to this height...?? anyone have any comments on this?

Thanks in advance.

Moggy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
moggy   Which rear shocks can get me back up to stock height or higher?   Aug 6 2006, 01:20 PM
Mueller   for the most part shocks have NOTHING to do with h...   Aug 6 2006, 01:26 PM
messix   check the classifieds here for ajustable spring pe...   Aug 6 2006, 01:26 PM
Aaron Cox   FIRST - dump the KYB's - as they just arent va...   Aug 6 2006, 01:30 PM
moggy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:34 PM