Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for 914 Mechanic in south Orange County, CA, Needed for inspection including compression test and leakdown
heyeug
post Aug 8 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,535

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I think the title says it all. The further south, the better. Also what should I expect to pay for this service?

Thanks!

Eugene
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
heyeug
post Aug 9 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #2

Can anybody help me with this?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Aug 9 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 178

Try hergesheimer motorsports in Lake Forest. http://www.hergesheimer.com/
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Aug 9 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

Try Steve Aven in Orange for over thirty years! Owns several 914's and has tons of parts. 714-637-1234. Ask for Steve.
+Quote Post
Robert21
post Aug 9 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #5

ron21

Member No.: 2,330
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) STEVE,S Independent Porsche Repair
120 West Lincoln Ave Orange CA 92865
714/637 1234 DID A GOOD JOB ON MY CAR

Robert
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Aug 9 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Otto's in Venice, CA also knows 914s as well as anybody, and you can watch the escapades on the beach all day!
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Aug 9 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 178

I thought about Steve's in Orange, in fact his shop is about a mile from my house. But he aint on south Orange county, Steve's independent is in north Orange County.
that's why I threw hergesheimer's out there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
914fan
post Aug 9 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,460

There is a guy in Huntington beach. He used to be very big on 914s. I have called with questions before and he can answer them. (thats a plus when you consider most people refuse to admit they know anything about a 914) Franciscos in Huntington Beach. I believe it used to be Franciscos 914 repair. At least thats how I was forst lead to them. Superpages.com can find him.
+Quote Post
heyeug
post Aug 9 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #9

Thanks for the responses so far.

I called Hergesheimer today and when I asked if they could do a PPI on a 914, the person I spoke to said they rarely saw 914s, calling them "vintages". He then asked me to hold while he spoke to his mechanics about whether they could do it. He returned to the phone to tell me "Yes we can do it", but it didn't win my confidence, even if only for a PPI. He was kind enough to give me a referral for Aase located in Fullerton, but that's too far.

After calling over 5 shops and getting multiple referrals, I got a referral from Vision Motorsports for a fellow named Greg Armstrong at Historic Race Engineering in Costa Mesa. His shop apparently isn't much to look at (so I was told), but he apparently knows his stuff and is entrusted with incredibly rare and expensive cars. And he apparently knows 914s. I called him today and set up an appointment for Monday. I'll post another reply afterwards to give a little report.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Aug 9 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #10

Dr

Member No.: 4,832
Region Association: None

QUOTE(heyeug @ Aug 9 2006, 09:24 PM) *

Thanks for the responses so far.

I called Hergesheimer today and when I asked if they could do a PPI on a 914, the person I spoke to said they rarely saw 914s, calling them "vintages". He then asked me to hold while he spoke to his mechanics about whether they could do it. He returned to the phone to tell me "Yes we can do it", but it didn't win my confidence, even if only for a PPI. He was kind enough to give me a referral for Aase located in Fullerton, but that's too far.

After calling over 5 shops and getting multiple referrals, I got a referral from Vision Motorsports for a fellow named Greg Armstrong at Historic Race Engineering in Costa Mesa. His shop apparently isn't much to look at (so I was told), but he apparently knows his stuff and is entrusted with incredibly rare and expensive cars. And he apparently knows 914s. I called him today and set up an appointment for Monday. I'll post another reply afterwards to give a little report.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

this was all for a PPI? all you had to do was post a request here and about 10 people would have responded (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:34 PM