Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for 914 Mechanic in south Orange County, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
heyeug
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I think the title says it all. The further south, the better. Also what should I expect to pay for this service?

Thanks!

Eugene
heyeug
Can anybody help me with this?

icon_bump.gif
Sammy
Try hergesheimer motorsports in Lake Forest. http://www.hergesheimer.com/
xitspd
Try Steve Aven in Orange for over thirty years! Owns several 914's and has tons of parts. 714-637-1234. Ask for Steve.
Robert21
biggrin.gif STEVE,S Independent Porsche Repair
120 West Lincoln Ave Orange CA 92865
714/637 1234 DID A GOOD JOB ON MY CAR

Robert
GeorgeRud
Otto's in Venice, CA also knows 914s as well as anybody, and you can watch the escapades on the beach all day!
Sammy
I thought about Steve's in Orange, in fact his shop is about a mile from my house. But he aint on south Orange county, Steve's independent is in north Orange County.
that's why I threw hergesheimer's out there. wink.gif
914fan
There is a guy in Huntington beach. He used to be very big on 914s. I have called with questions before and he can answer them. (thats a plus when you consider most people refuse to admit they know anything about a 914) Franciscos in Huntington Beach. I believe it used to be Franciscos 914 repair. At least thats how I was forst lead to them. Superpages.com can find him.
heyeug
Thanks for the responses so far.

I called Hergesheimer today and when I asked if they could do a PPI on a 914, the person I spoke to said they rarely saw 914s, calling them "vintages". He then asked me to hold while he spoke to his mechanics about whether they could do it. He returned to the phone to tell me "Yes we can do it", but it didn't win my confidence, even if only for a PPI. He was kind enough to give me a referral for Aase located in Fullerton, but that's too far.

After calling over 5 shops and getting multiple referrals, I got a referral from Vision Motorsports for a fellow named Greg Armstrong at Historic Race Engineering in Costa Mesa. His shop apparently isn't much to look at (so I was told), but he apparently knows his stuff and is entrusted with incredibly rare and expensive cars. And he apparently knows 914s. I called him today and set up an appointment for Monday. I'll post another reply afterwards to give a little report.

driving.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(heyeug @ Aug 9 2006, 09:24 PM) *

Thanks for the responses so far.

I called Hergesheimer today and when I asked if they could do a PPI on a 914, the person I spoke to said they rarely saw 914s, calling them "vintages". He then asked me to hold while he spoke to his mechanics about whether they could do it. He returned to the phone to tell me "Yes we can do it", but it didn't win my confidence, even if only for a PPI. He was kind enough to give me a referral for Aase located in Fullerton, but that's too far.

After calling over 5 shops and getting multiple referrals, I got a referral from Vision Motorsports for a fellow named Greg Armstrong at Historic Race Engineering in Costa Mesa. His shop apparently isn't much to look at (so I was told), but he apparently knows his stuff and is entrusted with incredibly rare and expensive cars. And he apparently knows 914s. I called him today and set up an appointment for Monday. I'll post another reply afterwards to give a little report.

driving.gif

this was all for a PPI? all you had to do was post a request here and about 10 people would have responded beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.