Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Parade AX course, Few cones, lots of track
DanT
post Aug 14 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #21

Going back to the Dark Side!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

QUOTE(drgchapman @ Aug 14 2006, 07:05 PM) *

But Tom Provasi does have all the bullets; at least for the time being. Light weight, huge motor and HP, HUGE SLICKS and driving ability.

And a really BIG WING. I looked at his car as he was pouring a bunch of race gas in it. Old worn out strut bushings on top in front, huge gas tank, tires were several years old. A lot of "old tech". Motor is a 3.5 liter built. Car could have been preped, I don't think he did much more than hook up the trailer and bring it up to Portland. Dude can drive, so can his wife.

I think there is some thing to the wing thing.

I can't remember, does Steve N's car have a wing? He drives like a bat out of hell as well, in fact so does his wife. Car sounds great..........for a 4 banger.

Tom is fast in anything he drives....

yes his car is OLD tech....but it still gets the job done.
If he didn't change is tires after the Marina AX....those a 2+ year old slicks.
Steve's car is probably much better preparred but obviously lacking in the HP department.
Makes Steve's time more impressive...

I would love to see Steve's car with a 4 cylinder stoker motor in it....that would be a great ride.

More along the lines of what Randal is building... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Aug 14 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #22

Is winter done yet?

Member No.: 1,082

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2006, 06:32 PM) *

That would never make it past the Safety Stewards here. Maybe because we usually have a large number of novice "invinsible" Street touring guys fresh from last nights drift event.

You better watch yourself talking about street touring guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . FWIW, the Street Mod classes were also designed for "tuners"...look what they've become on the national level...
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Aug 15 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #23

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 14 2006, 07:12 PM) *

QUOTE(drgchapman @ Aug 14 2006, 07:05 PM) *

But Tom Provasi does have all the bullets; at least for the time being. Light weight, huge motor and HP, HUGE SLICKS and driving ability.

And a really BIG WING. I looked at his car as he was pouring a bunch of race gas in it. Old worn out strut bushings on top in front, huge gas tank, tires were several years old. A lot of "old tech". Motor is a 3.5 liter built. Car could have been preped, I don't think he did much more than hook up the trailer and bring it up to Portland. Dude can drive, so can his wife.

I think there is some thing to the wing thing.

I can't remember, does Steve N's car have a wing? He drives like a bat out of hell as well, in fact so does his wife. Car sounds great..........for a 4 banger.

Tom is fast in anything he drives....

yes his car is OLD tech....but it still gets the job done.
If he didn't change is tires after the Marina AX....those a 2+ year old slicks.
Steve's car is probably much better preparred but obviously lacking in the HP department.
Makes Steve's time more impressive...

I would love to see Steve's car with a 4 cylinder stoker motor in it....that would be a great ride.

More along the lines of what Randal is building... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I bet Steve is fast in anything he drives as well... No wing. I have never asked why but I would bet if something isn't there it is because it isn't needed on that car. That is why the car doesn't do track days... It has very little cooling.
The motor on that car is basically stock if I understand correctly. Unless something happened that I don't know about Joy is not a wife yet. But I bet that will happen too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Steve_7x
post Aug 15 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 2,503

I only have a duck tail - not an effective aero device... good for autocross but not for PIR...

Joy and I are not married... getting closer but not there yet ;-) only a matter of time.

Engine was getting pretty hot considering how cool the ambient temp was. Engine and car are old school - no new technology - seeing as how it was built in the 80's. My only updates are new 911 enduro valve springs during my rebuild and a triggerless ignition. Engine uses mostly stock components... Euro P&C's, stock unflowed heads and valves, crank etc...

If someone wants to provide a stoker engine I'll run it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Reno has given us some great battles.... Randall not sure which event you mean... one year Glenn was their as was Jim Hayes - both in Matt prepared 911's. I beat Jim on Sat, and Jim beat me on Sunday... both days Glen took TTOD. Another year Matt came out with the Blue Turbo and I barely beat him, and Tom nipped me another time when he went and changed to his fresh rubber. Another time Bill gave me a run for the money. I hope to run their again - great course!

I think Bill's car, either the 911 or his old 914-6 would have done very well this parade.

Grant... ah nostalgia - I remember the Zaccone/Maas 914-6 zoomy, Gary Walton's 914-4 2.5liter special, the Newlin real lightweight 914-4 and of course I was lucky to get the Reitmeir 914. I remember when Dwight ran the green 914 before he got the Orange 911 that Pat Costin bought. Dwight really knew how maximize his equipment.

JP - will we see you at the Murph????

Steve
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Aug 15 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #25

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Steve_7x @ Aug 15 2006, 05:44 PM) *

Steve

Boy, I don't know, that's a long haul for 150 bucks & 3 runs. I learned that not much else at Parade interests me.

You're more likely to see me at Mather or Marina next spring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 16 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Steve_7x @ Aug 15 2006, 05:44 PM) *

I only have a duck tail - not an effective aero device... good for autocross but not for PIR...

Joy and I are not married... getting closer but not there yet ;-) only a matter of time.

Engine was getting pretty hot considering how cool the ambient temp was. Engine and car are old school - no new technology - seeing as how it was built in the 80's. My only updates are new 911 enduro valve springs during my rebuild and a triggerless ignition. Engine uses mostly stock components... Euro P&C's, stock unflowed heads and valves, crank etc...

If someone wants to provide a stoker engine I'll run it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Reno has given us some great battles.... Randall not sure which event you mean... one year Glenn was their as was Jim Hayes - both in Matt prepared 911's. I beat Jim on Sat, and Jim beat me on Sunday... both days Glen took TTOD. Another year Matt came out with the Blue Turbo and I barely beat him, and Tom nipped me another time when he went and changed to his fresh rubber. Another time Bill gave me a run for the money. I hope to run their again - great course!

I think Bill's car, either the 911 or his old 914-6 would have done very well this parade.

Grant... ah nostalgia - I remember the Zaccone/Maas 914-6 zoomy, Gary Walton's 914-4 2.5liter special, the Newlin real lightweight 914-4 and of course I was lucky to get the Reitmeir 914. I remember when Dwight ran the green 914 before he got the Orange 911 that Pat Costin bought. Dwight really knew how maximize his equipment.

Steve

Steve, I was thinking about the last time we ran the autox at Stead. What two or three year ago now. Matt wasn't there but Bill running his 914 and Glenn were there. Remember that long straight? We ran it backwards on Sunday and you were moaning (announcing) about me running the open super trap exhaust.... Yea it was loud, but now I'm into quiet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Steve_7x
post Aug 16 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 2,503

Randal - I remember that loud exhaust! That was Joy's 1st year at Autocrossing. I don't recall Glen being there - I thought it was Matt Lowrance in the light blue 911 Turbo (600hp or something ungodly)... but then again - my memory has failed me more then once this year so I am on a roll. ;-)

JP - I hear ya... it is a long haul. We are hoping that Mather opens up for us again next year... stay tuned!

Steve
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:18 PM