Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

8 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original/refurbished-to-original interiors, All years
type4org
post Jan 11 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #61

You need PLAID!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,212

I noticed a terrible oversight.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PLAID!

Well, here it is, from my all-original (except for the oddball radio/CB radio combo) '76. Applying some plastic treatment to the panels and using a flash conspired against me in some of these shots.

PLAID!

Attached Image

Here's the seats from both sides:

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type4org
post Jan 11 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #62

You need PLAID!

Here's the door panels:

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
type4org
post Jan 11 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #63

You need PLAID!

Dashboard area, first a full shot:

Attached Image

Here's a closer look at the center console (the car has the appearance group package):

Attached Image

Here's a look at the CB radio and the stereo. The first owner had this conversion put in in the late seventies, together with an electrical antenna and an amp munted to the board on top of the spare tire in the front trunk. A very professional and nice install, and even though I received the original Becker Mexico Cassette in a box with the car I kept the Motorola in because it's such an interesting period "upgrade":

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jan 11 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #64

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(type4org @ Jan 11 2007, 03:24 PM) *

I noticed a terrible oversight.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PLAID!

Well, here it is, from my all-original (except for the oddball radio/CB radio combo) '76. Applying some plastic treatment to the panels and using a flash conspired against me in some of these shots.

PLAID!

Attached Image

Here's the seats from both sides:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Jens,
Thank you! Someone finally steped foreward for the later cars! Very nice! Out of blatantly "want t know", can we see something of the CB setup in the front trunk? Haven't seen anything like that for many years.
+Quote Post
type4org
post Jan 12 2007, 05:16 AM
Post #65

You need PLAID!

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 11 2007, 09:22 PM) *

Out of blatantly "want t know", can we see something of the CB setup in the front trunk? Haven't seen anything like that for many years.

Sure, here's some pictures. The setup consists of the Motorola radio with a second box attached underneath it, the handheld receiver/microphone unit, the amp in the front trunk and an electrical antenna. Looking at the wiring it's clear the antenna was put in at the same time as the CB radio. I managed to lose the only "history" item on this setup I had found in the car, the shop's business card that put it in. It was a place in the L.A. area.

I have not tested the setup by trying to listen in on CB radio channels, I have next to no clue about CB radios so I don't even know if the channels are the same in the US and Germany. I know the lights come on when I turn on the CB part with the on/off switch on the handheld unit, and the radio speaker output is cut, presumably switched over to CB radio output. I should try it out the next time I drive the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here's a better shot of the radio and handheld unit:

Attached Image

The receiver/mike turned on:

Attached Image

The amp in the trunk, the wiring is done pretty well, and thankfully they did not drill holes through metal for it:

Attached Image

The antenna (haven't looked at who made it):

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jan 12 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #66

QUOTE(type4org @ Jan 12 2007, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 11 2007, 09:22 PM) *

Out of blatantly "want t know", can we see something of the CB setup in the front trunk? Haven't seen anything like that for many years.

Sure, here's some pictures. The setup consists of the Motorola radio with a second box attached underneath it, the handheld receiver/microphone unit, the amp in the front trunk and an electrical antenna. Looking at the wiring it's clear the antenna was put in at the same time as the CB radio. I managed to lose the only "history" item on this setup I had found in the car, the shop's business card that put it in. It was a place in the L.A. area.

I have not tested the setup by trying to listen in on CB radio channels, I have next to no clue about CB radios so I don't even know if the channels are the same in the US and Germany. I know the lights come on when I turn on the CB part with the on/off switch on the handheld unit, and the radio speaker output is cut, presumably switched over to CB radio output. I should try it out the next time I drive the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here's a better shot of the radio and handheld unit:

Attached Image

The receiver/mike turned on:

Attached Image

The amp in the trunk, the wiring is done pretty well, and thankfully they did not drill holes through metal for it:

Attached Image

The antenna (haven't looked at who made it):

Attached Image

Jens (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ,

Brings back old memories. Didn't put one in the 914, but I DID have one in my '77 924. Was a lot of fun then & I used it a lot on the open road, looking for "smokies". Went by the name "beans" then.

Very clean installation too!
+Quote Post
N14
post Jan 22 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #67

Out There

Member No.: 7,119
Region Association: None

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Feb 19 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #68

Sometime in early '72, 914 interiors went to inertia belts. The Bilstein jack came into play over the old spring-loaded jack, and a few other changes.

Anyone know what production month this changeover occured? My '72 is May production & has the changes, yet my production number is 18725 (which is fairly late).
Pat
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post Feb 19 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #69

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(type4org @ Jan 11 2007, 02:30 PM) *

Dashboard area, first a full shot:

Attached Image

Here's a closer look at the center console (the car has the appearance group package):

Attached Image

Here's a look at the CB radio and the stereo. The first owner had this conversion put in in the late seventies, together with an electrical antenna and an amp munted to the board on top of the spare tire in the front trunk. A very professional and nice install, and even though I received the original Becker Mexico Cassette in a box with the car I kept the Motorola in because it's such an interesting period "upgrade":

Attached Image

Jens...gota tell you, that is one special car....what a beauty.

I could just sit and look at this screen, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) all night long. Sure beats what's on cable right now..( food network---wifey's fav )

This is my food network.

True Geekdom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

mrgreenjeans
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Feb 27 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #70

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here's more plaid seat colors from my archives.

Tom

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  914__1976_orig.plaid_seat_car__6__Medium_.jpg ( 104.83k ) Number of downloads: 154
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Feb 27 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #71

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 27 2007, 07:08 PM) *

Tom

better pic.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post Feb 27 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #72

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 27 2007, 11:08 PM) *

Tom

Love the "hermetically sealed" approach on the lower pads. Is this an optional traction device for the butt cheeks ?

Gotta be a little loosey goosey when hanging onto those off camber decreasing radius sweepers...........

This is where its good to have installed das " Hans " device.

Just in case mr (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) comes into play, and those skinny little wobblies give up their ghost and send one careening into the abyss of no return.

The little baggies also doing double duty in retaining the seats O.E. appearance after the racer-striping of one's boxers.............

GREAT color shots on the pics.
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Apr 16 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631

deleted
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Apr 16 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631

deleted
+Quote Post
1975red914
post May 18 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #75

76-914er

Member No.: 7,654

QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 26 2006, 10:09 PM) *

I just ordered yellow plaid material for my seats. I will post before pix on Monday, and after pics when finished.....pobably in a week or two. I do not believe that the blue/black checkered seat cusions were the originals in my 73 yellow (duh), but they are pretty worn.
Maybe someone here can identify what year/color sceme they were for. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Also, I know of someone who has a blue/yellow/white checkered in a cream 70 914. I'll try to get a pic of that one too.

I have found a source today for the plaid seat material and corduroy used on the 914's. Where did you get your yellow plaid from?
+Quote Post
1975red914
post May 19 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #76

76-914er

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 30 2006, 08:30 AM) *

Yep, the Tan interior is very different in the 75-76 cars but its the same as the tan material for the VW h20 cars.

Lots of plaids are being made now for the VW crowd so some are very similar to what was made for our 75-76 cars.

Yes you are correct. Found a source who has the plaids for 914's. Green, orange, red on shelves exactly. Also has the correct black velour spotted that can hot seam the velour.
+Quote Post
1975red914
post May 19 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #77

76-914er

QUOTE(914runnow @ Sep 30 2006, 10:05 AM) *

<!-- quoteo(post=784320:date=Sep 30 2006, 07:30 AM:name=Bleyseng) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 30 2006, 07:30 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- quotec -->
Yep, the Tan interior is very different in the 75-76 cars but its the same as the tan material for the VW h20 cars.

Lots of plaids are being made now for the VW crowd so some are very similar to what was made for our 75-76 cars.
<!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
Whoa Thanx For the Info!!!!
Gottah a source or Info?

Just found a source today and view the plaids. They are exact matches in green, red and orange. Black velour is also right on. Source told me they can make up yellow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 16 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #78

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Got back from the ECC today & was overwhealmed that 1/3rd of the Teeners there had Brown interiors. Most were incomplete or had been dyed black, but I did manage to see & shoot this 74 914 inside-

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 16 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #79

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Another 74 Brownie shot-

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
1975red914
post Sep 18 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #80

76-914er

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The source is in Canby Oregon. SMS Fabrics. Left the company a sizeable deposit for yellow plaid months ago and have heard nothing yet. Time to visit facility and see what delay is. This company is more than capible of making any type of fabric weave and hot seaming it. Yellow plaid is what I commissioned them to do based on an original 76 example. Money is the motivator. So far, no results.

QUOTE(1975red914 @ May 18 2007, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 30 2006, 08:30 AM) *

Yes you are correct. Found a source who has the plaids for 914's. Green, orange, red on shelves exactly. Also has the correct black velour spotted that can hot seam the velour.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:06 AM