Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Haynes 914 Repair Manual, or ANY manual!, Why is this STILL optional with some people?
Please humor me ...
Do you even OWN some type of 914 repair manual, be it factory, Bendix, Clymer, Haynes, or WHATEVER?
I've owned this car so long, each nut, bolt, & wire is microfiched to the inside of my skull. [ 9 ] ** [36.00%]
Everything's tatooed to my forearm for quick & easy reference. [ 3 ] ** [12.00%]
What for? It's not worth any extra points on the Concours d'Elegance. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Not while my browser can boot up to my 914Club.com home page! [ 7 ] ** [28.00%]
I wouldn't admit it to you even if I don't ... why, is it starting to show? [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
You mean, there actually ARE repair manuals out there? [ 1 ] ** [4.00%]
I glued all the pages together to test my memory. [ 2 ] ** [8.00%]
$20 better spent on some bling. [ 2 ] ** [8.00%]
Total Votes: 25

Rouser
post Aug 14 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #41

Anti-Post Whore

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 54

I've noticed more and more posts of questions (come on, I'm takin' basic - and some not-so-basic - questions) that are giving away the fact that some of you don't own, or care to own, a repair manual. What's up with that? Please, I'm not talking to you hard-core 914 guys/gals, the ones (I'm raising my hand here) that have enough data littering your hard drive(s), bedrooms, and garages to choke the next WCC.

I'm talking to the ones who ask "certain" questions (I know ... there's no stupid questions blah, blah, blah ...) that us well-heeled/well-worn 914ers can tell are spawned from zero repair literature. "Where's the tranny dipstick? Is it righty-tighty lefty-loosey? Where's the oil/fuel/air filter/pump located? How do you adjust the idle/brakes/seat/mixture/clock?"

You've heard us quote from them often enough, so why not own - at a minumum - at LEAST a Haynes manual before undertaking a repair that might eventually lead you into giving up entirely, selling your 914 (at a significant loss) to one of those hard-cores, who'll promptly repair your "repair" with a $0.50 fuse.

I know, I apologize WAY IN ADVANCE for sounding like an insensitive SOB, but (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) If a simple Haynes manual is way outta yer budget, than you've landed on the WRONG CAR! Go ahead, gimme the skewering I deserve ...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Rouser   Haynes 914 Repair Manual, or ANY manual!   Aug 14 2006, 06:45 PM
type47   manuals are easy to get and cheap! there is a ...   Aug 14 2006, 07:11 PM
Rouser  
...   Aug 16 2006, 01:40 PM
grasshopper   Ok, Rouser, I give up. I tried to end this over em...   Aug 16 2006, 08:34 PM
Rouser  

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:56 PM