Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuelling Dilemma, I have 3, which to use?
LowGT
post Aug 20 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #1

1.8 and Proud!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,904
Region Association: Southwest Region

My previous engine was a cammed 1.7 running weber 44idfs. It idled great, good transition, pretty rich at WOT of course.

I'm replacing that engine due to several reasons with a stock 1.7. I have in the garage a set of Dellorto FRD34b carbs, the Weber 44's, and a progressive.

The progressive is a definite NO.

The dells were too lean on the old setup, constantly spitting and popping through the carbs.

The 44's worked pretty good on the old engine, but I sure will be too rich for the new on since they were already rich on the old engine.

I don't want to go FI, I enjoy the simplicity and sound of dual carbs. So, rejet the Dells or reconfigure the vent/jet combo on the 44's? What's your opinion?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
LowGT   Fuelling Dilemma   Aug 20 2006, 05:08 PM
bd1308   rejet the dells man or go FI, all it takes is som...   Aug 20 2006, 05:15 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:37 PM