Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuelling Dilemma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LowGT
My previous engine was a cammed 1.7 running weber 44idfs. It idled great, good transition, pretty rich at WOT of course.

I'm replacing that engine due to several reasons with a stock 1.7. I have in the garage a set of Dellorto FRD34b carbs, the Weber 44's, and a progressive.

The progressive is a definite NO.

The dells were too lean on the old setup, constantly spitting and popping through the carbs.

The 44's worked pretty good on the old engine, but I sure will be too rich for the new on since they were already rich on the old engine.

I don't want to go FI, I enjoy the simplicity and sound of dual carbs. So, rejet the Dells or reconfigure the vent/jet combo on the 44's? What's your opinion?
bd1308
rejet the dells man

or go FI, all it takes is some time to learn. I fixed the FI on a bus today, ran like shit but ten minutes and it was running great. smile.gif

b
SirAndy
QUOTE(LowGT @ Aug 20 2006, 04:08 PM) *

So, rejet the Dells or reconfigure the vent/jet combo on the 44's? What's your opinion?

the 44s are overkill for that engine. you'll have to size down the venturis and jets a *lot* to get that to run right ...

it seems easier to try to make the dells work ...

or, just buy a MegaSquirt ...
biggrin.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.