Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to clean your engine tin, (for non-smokers only)
jsteele22
post Aug 23 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,653

Okay, so I had my head up my butt all summer, and I'm just now getting around to working on the teener, getting it ready for RRC. Apart from a dead battery, it starts up fine. My 7" rims and new tires fit, sorta, after a simple lip roll. I take her out on the road, and everything is fine, except when I accelerate hard, or go over bumps - but its not the tires, its the engine coughing a little. I run some gas treatment through to "take out the moisture", but no improvement. So I pull into a gas station to pop the engine lid and start wiggling stuff. On the driver side engine tin I practically see a reflection of my face : its a friggin' puddle of (moisture-free) gasoline. For some reason, one of the injectors sprung a leak. Glad I removed the sparking AAR wire (and the valve) last fall.... Anyway, being a cheap SOB, I took my chances and drove it home. (Made it, BTW, else this would be added to the "stupidest things you've ever done" thread.) I just replaced the fuel hoses last year, but I'm wondering if I under- or over-tightened a hose clamp. I did buy the "fuel line" style, but didn't get enough, so I used a few of the "cheese grater" style. I've been to busy to deal with it, but Saturday I'll prolly take a look.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jsteele22   How to clean your engine tin   Aug 23 2006, 10:53 AM
Gint  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:59 PM