Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wiring woes, Never bought a used car with a perfect wiring harness!
PRS914-6
post Aug 25 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

Well, this car is no exception. God punishes me when it comes to wiring harnesses. I don't mind doing anything on a restoration but I really don't enjoy dealing with crap wiring, probably due to the massive time it takes to track it all down. Someone had apparently tried to steal this car at one time as the ignition switch was toast and the repair was to cut the wires and install a Chevy switch in the dash....sigh Got that repaired

I was installing all new loom on the harness and noticed a burnt section of wire. Several hours later, that was repaired but I had to dissasemble the harness since the wire was toasted the entire length and melted to the other wires. Had to inspect all the wires and the only way was to unwrap it and pull the wires apart. Was the heater fan wire. Also, here is a picture of the wad of wiring I had to yank on my 911 when I restored it. Took me 3 days to repair it. I hate alarm installers! Why do people have to hack the harnesses?
(IMG:http://www.sayegh.org/Paul/914/914pics/EOS_542.JPG)
(IMG:http://www.sayegh.org/Paul/porschepics/alarm.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:13 PM