Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
Well, this car is no exception. God punishes me when it comes to wiring harnesses. I don't mind doing anything on a restoration but I really don't enjoy dealing with crap wiring, probably due to the massive time it takes to track it all down. Someone had apparently tried to steal this car at one time as the ignition switch was toast and the repair was to cut the wires and install a Chevy switch in the dash....sigh Got that repaired

I was installing all new loom on the harness and noticed a burnt section of wire. Several hours later, that was repaired but I had to dissasemble the harness since the wire was toasted the entire length and melted to the other wires. Had to inspect all the wires and the only way was to unwrap it and pull the wires apart. Was the heater fan wire. Also, here is a picture of the wad of wiring I had to yank on my 911 when I restored it. Took me 3 days to repair it. I hate alarm installers! Why do people have to hack the harnesses?
IPB Image
IPB Image
McMark
agree.gif

Ugh, wiring is a PITA!!! Doing it right takes a long time. wacko.gif
sixnotfour
Also, here is a picture of the wad of wiring I had to yank on my 911 when I restored it. Took me 3 days to repair it. I hate alarm installers! Why do people have to hack the harnesses?

I agree, I see you have carrera, Mine has the factory alarm and a pile o wires for some aftermarket pos alarm. after I tore it all out I opened the door and the factry alarm starts blarring WTF. no i dont have the arm/disarm key. sob
patience
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.