Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front brake problem?
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 27 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Question about front brakes. I ran our local AX on the 20th, on my 4th (of 6 runs) when I came in to grid it sounded like I had a rock stuck between the dust cover and rotor. I did the back up hit brake trick a few times and it still made that sound. It was coming from the passenger side front. I quickly jacked up the car and pulled the wheel. I didn't find any stones, I turned the rotor by hand and didn't here any noise. I put the tire back on and continued to race and all was good. On the way home I started to hear the "rubbing sound" sound again, but it would stop if a lightly tap the brakes.

I finally have time today to look at this. With the front wheel on or off it sounds like metal rubbing the rotor when I spin the wheel / rotor. It seems to me that pads are making contact with the rotor, but I need to check the venting clearance. I have never messed with brakes before, what should I be looking for?

I'm heading off to sears to get a fueller (sp) guage, dial caliper and micrometer. A man gotta have tools for the job. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:48 AM