Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGR AX #7 at Alameda results are up, check out the 914s
DanT
post Sep 14 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #41

Going back to the Dark Side!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

Brad, I know it was so flexible you could see it flex as it would go down the straights as speed when I was in the same run group as Bill or Rebecca.

He had to change his roll cage when he wanted to go wheel to wheel because the tube size was too small (too light)

My guess is somewhere below 1600#s. He even had molds to make his own body work....very THIN fiberglass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Sep 14 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #42

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I knew he had the mould for the front end! A couple of other people in NorCal were running his nose WAY back in the day.

B
+Quote Post
Steve_7x
post Sep 15 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,503

I remember when Bill Newlin was building his 1st version of the car. Dad built his 1st engine at the time. The car was very light but I do not recall how much it weighed. Bill is still around living out on the San Mateo coast for anyone wanting to pursue getting info.

As for determing if smurf car is light or heavy by 'pushing' the car I agree with Brad's comment. Annectodal evidence - I recently pushed my stock (okay it was Bi class) 914, shod with 195/60's, and I put the same push into it like I do in my 'lightweight' 914 and the car almost ran away from me!
+Quote Post
AndrewBlyholder
post Sep 15 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 2,791

I'll be happy to take the time to settle the weight argument if someone will volunteer the use of their scales (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'd love to know exactly what the beast weights too. There must be someone in the area that has a set.

Andrew
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 15 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #45

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(AndrewBlyholder @ Sep 15 2006, 08:34 PM) *

I'll be happy to take the time to settle the weight argument if someone will volunteer the use of their scales (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'd love to know exactly what the beast weights too. There must be someone in the area that has a set.

McMark has a set that we used to cornerbalance my car ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Andy
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:34 AM