Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sears Point Oct. 28,29, Bringing the 3.2 from PDX to run the track
grantsfo
post Oct 20 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #21

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 17 2006, 10:42 PM) *

What are the top speeds involved? Looks real fast.

You may hit 110 at the end of the main straight before you turn in and up the hill.

The long uphill to 7 is fast as well.

The biggie is the approach to turn 10. I apex at 97 and exit at 105. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Please be careful...

KT

Yeah turn 10 takes guts. I think key with 10 is getting over to the left as far as possible prior to entering the turn without unsettling the car, braking smoothly and then getting on power right away and ignoring the wall that you drift towards.

And it takes some fortitude to stay on power through the corner out of start/finnish even in my 2.4. Would a 3.2 need to lift? I'm thinking a 3.2 would be doing 110+

914 has some advatages over other cars on some turns. Go deep in turn 6 most cars slow down way too soon. Same with turn 7 and turn 11

Be real careful with turn 2 and 3a when course is cool Both those corners can suprise you when you try to apply power.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Oct 29 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #22

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

I went out and rode along with Gary on his two morning sessions today.

He said it was OK for me to yell at him, so I did a lot!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I was timing from in the car with a stopwatch. His first session he was doing 2:10's

By the end of his second he got down to 2:01 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

I was *making* him do things he didn't realiaze the car/tires would support. ( based on his screaming )

We worked on line, braking zones, turn in and throttle modulation to the limit.

Nice driving!!

KT
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Oct 29 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Trek,

was this a third run group for Sears? I'm surprised they allowed a passenger.

B
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Oct 29 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #24

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 29 2006, 04:09 PM) *

I went out and rode along with Gary on his two morning sessions today.

He said it was OK for me to yell at him, so I did a lot!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I was timing from in the car with a stopwatch. His first session he was doing 2:10's

By the end of his second he got down to 2:01 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

I was *making* him do things he didn't realiaze the car/tires would support. ( based on his screaming )

We worked on line, braking zones, turn in and throttle modulation to the limit.

Nice driving!!

KT

Trek you helped me bring times down to 2:01 range too! Bet that big six was a blast!
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Oct 30 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #25

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Wow, what a weekend at Sears Point!

Hung out with a bunch of 911 drivers with Gamroth's group. Big ass wings everywhere. My little red 914 was the oddball. Lots of folks coming over to look it over once they heard it run. "What you got in there?"

Saturday's sessions were purely a get comfortable with the car on the track day, get "comfortable" with the blind corners, and get used to running with other cars. NASA put on a good show. Car was a little loose in the back so we added some front bar, car balanced out nicely. Driver meetings after every session, then opening up the passing zones as the day went. I was learning how to strap the Hans device in, and how to breath while driving. Trekkor came by to say Hi Saturday night and bailed out a 914 driver with a broken gas tank.

Sunday was a completely different story......Trekkor came by first thing and rode with me for the first two sessions. Pure terror throught the carosel and through turn 10 for the first few laps. He was timing laps for me, times were dropping as we went. He managed to coach me down to 2:01's, felt great, once I got the hang of it. Sunday afternoon NASA opened the track for open passing, no restrictions. What a hoot! I began keeping up with a really fast local boxster for the first time. I was even passing several cars per session. By then the only cars passing me were the whoop ass, big wing 911's. My driving picked up several notches, Many thanks to Trekkor.

Every one in our group finished the weekend with cars in tact, in fact, I saw or heard of no incidents or contact all weekend.

I'm told Thunder Hill is the place to go next. See some of you there next year.....

Again, many thanks to Trekkor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Sorry no pics, couldn't find the little camera before I left.
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Oct 30 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #26

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Glad you had fun and kept it safe. Good driving.
Welcome to Sears (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

I also was impressed with the NASA group.

KT
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Oct 31 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #27

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Bet that's going to make the south pits seem kind of small. Glad you had fun and nothing broke

Dave
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:01 AM