Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need image of, throttle cable 74 1.8
BatAc
post Sep 21 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,329

OK........I have fire..........problem.........throttle cable in rear, in engine bay......it's not hooked up correctly, but am baffled as it doesn't seem to jive as though it should.........does anyone have an image of a 74 1.8 to give me an idea how this little jigsaw puzzle works (is hooked up).........Merci........
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
old dkp
post Sep 21 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,885

QUOTE(BatAc @ Sep 21 2006, 12:55 PM) *

OK........I have fire..........problem.........throttle cable in rear, in engine bay......it's not hooked up correctly, but am baffled as it doesn't seem to jive as though it should.........does anyone have an image of a 74 1.8 to give me an idea how this little jigsaw puzzle works (is hooked up).........Merci........
Hi, I could not get a clear pic to send because of the camera flash. you have a 74 with D-JET? the cable that has the threaded end with the 2 nuts? if so it comes in under the air cleaner hold down plate next to the cold start valve. them up to the throttle body... Do Not over tighten the 2 lock nuts or you will break the cable end.
+Quote Post
BatAc
post Sep 21 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #3

No I have a L Jet............'n' the parts diagrams that I come across are D Jets........for both the 1.7 & 2.0........sadly 'nough they don't jive.............the way it seems to fit fine is reversed (both the spring and cable want to give it no throttle.............several of us have looked at this 'n' have said 'how in the hell'............I've even had a buddy who literally grew up in a junkyard (from toddler stage <'n' told me a special tool he created to well, let's say borrow for awhile VW's 'n' Porsche's.......but that was way back>)........oh 'n' I do know it's dark in there
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 21 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #4

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

should be about the same as a 1.7L as they are very similar. Right of where it points with the #2 is the throttle cable mount. Bolt it there and then into the Throttle body where it is clamped using one of those VW heater bolt type clamps.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
old dkp
post Sep 21 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,885

Attached Image
QUOTE(BatAc @ Sep 21 2006, 05:11 PM) *

No I have a L Jet............'n' the parts diagrams that I come across are D Jets........for both the 1.7 & 2.0........sadly 'nough they don't jive.............the way it seems to fit fine is reversed (both the spring and cable want to give it no throttle.............several of us have looked at this 'n' have said 'how in the hell'............I've even had a buddy who literally grew up in a junkyard (from toddler stage <'n' told me a special tool he created to well, let's say borrow for awhile VW's 'n' Porsche's.......but that was way back>)........oh 'n' I do know it's dark in there

I cannot post a pic here????? send me your e-mail address christod@sbcglobal.net
+Quote Post
BatAc
post Sep 21 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #6

Great pic.........BUT.................at the very end of the cable.............You're sooo close...............where the return spring is..'n' a bushing (that doesn't seem to be there)........'n' the barrel nut...........with washers, nuts, springs, etc. there seems to be 8 or nine pieces...............we're real close
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 04:25 PM