Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need image of
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BatAc
OK........I have fire..........problem.........throttle cable in rear, in engine bay......it's not hooked up correctly, but am baffled as it doesn't seem to jive as though it should.........does anyone have an image of a 74 1.8 to give me an idea how this little jigsaw puzzle works (is hooked up).........Merci........
old dkp
QUOTE(BatAc @ Sep 21 2006, 12:55 PM) *

OK........I have fire..........problem.........throttle cable in rear, in engine bay......it's not hooked up correctly, but am baffled as it doesn't seem to jive as though it should.........does anyone have an image of a 74 1.8 to give me an idea how this little jigsaw puzzle works (is hooked up).........Merci........
Hi, I could not get a clear pic to send because of the camera flash. you have a 74 with D-JET? the cable that has the threaded end with the 2 nuts? if so it comes in under the air cleaner hold down plate next to the cold start valve. them up to the throttle body... Do Not over tighten the 2 lock nuts or you will break the cable end.
BatAc
No I have a L Jet............'n' the parts diagrams that I come across are D Jets........for both the 1.7 & 2.0........sadly 'nough they don't jive.............the way it seems to fit fine is reversed (both the spring and cable want to give it no throttle.............several of us have looked at this 'n' have said 'how in the hell'............I've even had a buddy who literally grew up in a junkyard (from toddler stage <'n' told me a special tool he created to well, let's say borrow for awhile VW's 'n' Porsche's.......but that was way back>)........oh 'n' I do know it's dark in there
Bleyseng
should be about the same as a 1.7L as they are very similar. Right of where it points with the #2 is the throttle cable mount. Bolt it there and then into the Throttle body where it is clamped using one of those VW heater bolt type clamps.
old dkp
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(BatAc @ Sep 21 2006, 05:11 PM) *

No I have a L Jet............'n' the parts diagrams that I come across are D Jets........for both the 1.7 & 2.0........sadly 'nough they don't jive.............the way it seems to fit fine is reversed (both the spring and cable want to give it no throttle.............several of us have looked at this 'n' have said 'how in the hell'............I've even had a buddy who literally grew up in a junkyard (from toddler stage <'n' told me a special tool he created to well, let's say borrow for awhile VW's 'n' Porsche's.......but that was way back>)........oh 'n' I do know it's dark in there

I cannot post a pic here????? send me your e-mail address christod@sbcglobal.net
BatAc
Great pic.........BUT.................at the very end of the cable.............You're sooo close...............where the return spring is..'n' a bushing (that doesn't seem to be there)........'n' the barrel nut...........with washers, nuts, springs, etc. there seems to be 8 or nine pieces...............we're real close
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.