Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Good news for Christiano Dematta, He was released from the hospital on friday.
wbergtho
post Sep 24 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

Not sure if some else has already posted this...but Christiano Dematta was released from the hospital after a horrendous crash a few weeks ago at Road America. After hitting a deer that ran out onto the track, he was airlifted to the hospital with critical brain injuries. It sounds like he will need more time to make a full & complete recovery...but the good news is he's out of the hospital and showing amazing progress. I just learned this watching Champ Car live at Road America. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Sep 24 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

my god -- did you just see that crash? i hope katherine legge is okay... champ car doesn't need another injured driver from this track....
+Quote Post
bryanc
post Sep 24 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,495
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 24 2006, 01:05 PM) *

my god -- did you just see that crash? i hope katherine legge is okay... champ car doesn't need another injured driver from this track....

She was fine--they even interviewed her. Quite and amazing crash. The rear wing broke just as she was entering the kink. After that she was a passenger.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Sep 25 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #4

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

I read that DaMatta was released from the hospital and was happy for him. I then saw a brief tape showing him leaving. He looks a little weak. Supposedly he lost 20 pounds, which may not sound like a lot, but he weighed only 134 before the accident.

Oh, I saw the Catherine Legge crash. I thought we had lost another open wheel driver. To see her walking a short time after was simply amazing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Sep 25 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #5

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yeah, she is one tuff/lucky person! Quite the dramatic crash!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 06:44 PM