Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Good news for Christiano Dematta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
Not sure if some else has already posted this...but Christiano Dematta was released from the hospital after a horrendous crash a few weeks ago at Road America. After hitting a deer that ran out onto the track, he was airlifted to the hospital with critical brain injuries. It sounds like he will need more time to make a full & complete recovery...but the good news is he's out of the hospital and showing amazing progress. I just learned this watching Champ Car live at Road America. clap56.gif
nebreitling
my god -- did you just see that crash? i hope katherine legge is okay... champ car doesn't need another injured driver from this track....
bryanc
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 24 2006, 01:05 PM) *

my god -- did you just see that crash? i hope katherine legge is okay... champ car doesn't need another injured driver from this track....

She was fine--they even interviewed her. Quite and amazing crash. The rear wing broke just as she was entering the kink. After that she was a passenger.
maf914
I read that DaMatta was released from the hospital and was happy for him. I then saw a brief tape showing him leaving. He looks a little weak. Supposedly he lost 20 pounds, which may not sound like a lot, but he weighed only 134 before the accident.

Oh, I saw the Catherine Legge crash. I thought we had lost another open wheel driver. To see her walking a short time after was simply amazing. ohmy.gif
dinomium
Yeah, she is one tuff/lucky person! Quite the dramatic crash!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.