Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> temp pressure gauges, what to do?
914nerd
post Sep 27 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #1

Who you callin' a "Member"?

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,461

I have oil temp and oil pressure gauges and I was wondering what recommendations people have regardijng their installation
These are VDO gauges that are the same as the ones that came in the center console (I don't have one, so I am forced to install these)
I have the pressure sender (dual pole) and was wondering what people would recommend on the install
Any tips or tricks you have learned by doing this yourselves would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Charles
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
BMartin914
post Sep 27 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #2

|||

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,128
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I can tell you what I did.

I also don't have a center console but find the gauges to be necessary, and like the extra leg room. I picked-up an A-Pillar gauge pod from 914 Appearance and Performance to mount the gauges (very nice IMHO). I have Cyl Head Temp and Oil Pressurein the pod. Oil Temp is a #ed 911 module in the gauge cluster.

For the 2-pole sender, I used a pair of nips (wierd little tool) to enlarge the hole in the tin to screw it in directly. A hose is also available so the sender can be mounted on the tin.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:41 AM