Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: temp pressure gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914nerd
I have oil temp and oil pressure gauges and I was wondering what recommendations people have regardijng their installation
These are VDO gauges that are the same as the ones that came in the center console (I don't have one, so I am forced to install these)
I have the pressure sender (dual pole) and was wondering what people would recommend on the install
Any tips or tricks you have learned by doing this yourselves would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Charles
BMartin914
I can tell you what I did.

I also don't have a center console but find the gauges to be necessary, and like the extra leg room. I picked-up an A-Pillar gauge pod from 914 Appearance and Performance to mount the gauges (very nice IMHO). I have Cyl Head Temp and Oil Pressurein the pod. Oil Temp is a #ed 911 module in the gauge cluster.

For the 2-pole sender, I used a pair of nips (wierd little tool) to enlarge the hole in the tin to screw it in directly. A hose is also available so the sender can be mounted on the tin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.